Interim report for the period 1 September 2017 - 31 May 2018
Increased earnings and stronger e-commerce sales
E-commerce sales continued to increase sharply, and were up by 65% in the quarter year on year. Brothers’ e-commerce sales doubled in the quarter. Polarn O. Pyret’s e-commerce sales increased by more than 40% in the quarter, with e-commerce comprising 16% of total net sales. Operating income increased to SEK 6 M (2) in the third quarter.
THIRD QUARTER, MARCH 1, 2018 – MAY 31, 2018 IN SUMMARY
- Net sales were SEK 510 M (490).
- Sales for comparable stores in the Group increased by 2.2 percent.
- Sales for comparable stores in Sweden increased by 1.0 percent against market growth of 1.4 percent.
- Operating income was SEK 6 m (2).
- Profit after tax increased to SEK 3 m (-12).
- Earnings per share increased to SEK 0.09 (-0.35).
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK 3 m (11).
THE PERIOD, SEPTEMBER 1, 2017 – MAY 31, 2018 IN SUMMARY
- Net sales were SEK 1,678 m (1,662).
- Sales for comparable stores in Sweden were unchanged, outperforming the market downturn of -2.1 percent.
- Operating income was SEK 50 m (59).
- Profit after tax was SEK 49 m (43).
- Earnings per share was SEK 1.45 (1.27).
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK 50 m (74).
EVENTS IN THE QUARTER
- Polarn O. Pyret was awarded Loyalty program of the year by the Swedish Retail Awards 2018.
- RNB invested, thru Retailers Lab, in Hyber, an e-commerce operator that is bringing the sharing economy to children’s clothing.
- Polarn O. Pyret opened a flagship store with an entirely new concept in central Stockholm. Three further stores were adapted according to the new concept in the quarter.
- Brothers opened stores in Mall of Scandinavia in Stockholm and in Bergvik mall outside Karlstad, Sweden.
- Lease contract signed for new stores for Polarn O. Pyret and Brothers in Gallerian in Stockholm.
- Lina Söderqvist assumed as CEO of Departments & Stores and Carl Franke as group CIO.
This information is information that RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out below, on June 27, 2018 at 07:00 CET.
For further information, please contact:
Magnus Håkansson, CEO, RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS AB
46 8 410 520 02, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristian Lustin, CFO, RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS AB
46 8 410 524 63, e-mail: email@example.com
RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS owns, operates and develops fashion wear, ready-to-wear clothing, accessories, jewelry and cosmetics stores and e-commerce that focus on providing excellent service and a world-class shopping experience. Sales are conducted through the concepts Brothers, Man of a kind and Polarn O. Pyret. Within the Departments & Stores business area, departments are managed in the department store NK in Stockholm and in Gothenburg. The Group has some 270 stores and e-commerce platforms in 10 countries. RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS has been listed on Nasdaq Stockholm since 2001 under the ticker RNBS.