SaltX Technology Selected for Unreasonable Impact UK and Europe Programme for Pioneering Approach to Tackling Global Issues While Creating Jobs
28 November 2018 – LONDON – After a rigorous selection process involving hundreds of world-class companies from across the UK and Europe, SaltX has been chosen to join ten other growth-stage ventures in the 2018 Unreasonable Impact UK and Europe programme.
Through 5 December 2018, these entrepreneurs on a mission to generate thousands of future jobs in the emerging green economy will learn how to scale their companies faster at the third annual Unreasonable Impact UK and Europe programme. Unreasonable Impact is an innovative multi-year partnership between Barclays and Unreasonable Group to launch the world’s first international network of accelerators focused on scaling up entrepreneurial solutions that will help employ thousands worldwide while solving some of our most pressing societal challenges.
Each programme is an immersive two-week gathering designed to support growth-stage ventures with bespoke advice and guidance from a global community of mentors and industry specialists, including experts from across Barclays. The companies have each been selected to participate based on their potential to create at least 500 jobs in the green economy within the next five years.
SaltX Technology is a Swedish innovation company that has developed and patented a technology that stores thermal energy chemically in nano-coated salts and converts it to heating and cooling.
During the two-week intensive program, SaltX will receive mentorship and advice from business experts and serial entrepreneurs, including Tom Chi, former head of experience at Google X; Rt. Hon. Sir Stephen O’Brien KBE, a businessman, politician, diplomat, industrialist and lawyer who recently served as United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator; in addition to several senior leaders from across Barclays. The program will take place just outside of London and include an exhibition event in London where SaltX will showcase their innovation.
“We are very proud to be selected and to be part of this powerful community. The insights and connections we hope to get will be helpful and valuable to us as we grow”, said Karl Bohman CEO of SaltX Technology.
Daniel Epstein, founder and CEO of Unreasonable Group, said, “We’re incredibly excited to bring this new group of ground-breaking ventures into the Unreasonable Impact global community and support them on their journey of delivering high-impact, rapidly scaling solutions to problems the world previously thought were impossible to solve. These companies truly represent the future titans of industry.”
Alisdair Gayne, Head of UK Investment Banking, Barclays, says, “Barclays wants to create jobs in sectors that are important to the global economy and benefit society as a whole. This is our third year, and we are excited about the next stage of the programme and helping these new ventures to grow.”
After two full years of programmes, Unreasonable Impact’s community of over 70 ventures currently impacts over 105 million people, operates in over 180 countries, supports nearly 20,000 jobs and has raised a combined USD $1.3m in total financing to date. As the third year of programmes continues, SaltX Technology will join this notable global network in its shared effort to create thousands of jobs on the frontier of the green economy.
For more information, visit unreasonableimpact.com.
The participating companies include:
- Abundance Investment: Developing a leading direct investment platform that makes it possible for everyone to invest in things they care about and earn an attractive return.
- Cleverciti Systems: Developing comprehensive, high-tech solutions for on-street and open air parking detection, monitoring, and guidance to reduce search traffic and CO2 emissions.
- Econic Technologies: Creating new value from waste CO2 for the plastics industry, building a future where greenhouse gas can be transformed for commercial and environmental gain.
- Entocycle: Fundamentally changing the way we feed the planet through sustainable insect farming.
- Globechain: Creating the world’s largest reuse marketplace that connects corporates to charities and people to redistribute unwanted items.
- HISBE: Creating a different and more sustainable kind of supermarket by putting customers, suppliers and employees first.
- Iceotope: Delivering innovative liquid cooling technology for data center and edge computing, saving the IT industry energy, space, and money.
- Lumos Global: Enabling a market of 1.3 billion people to replace hazardous and expensive kerosene generators and lanterns with modern, clean, affordable solar electricity.
- OLIO: Tackling the problem of food waste by connecting users with unwanted food to neighbours nearby who want it, with over 600,000 users to date.
- SaltX Technology: Working to become the "Intel inside" of energy storage, using salt to enable the transformation toward 100% renewable energy.
- The Waste Transformers: Revolutionising the way our planet deals with organic waste through on-site decentralised energy and nutrient hubs for hotels, harbours, shopping malls, and more.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer and wholesale bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 80,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. For further information about Barclays, please visit www.home.barclays
About Unreasonable Group
Unreasonable’s mission is to drive resources to and break down barriers for entrepreneurs solving key global challenges (i.e. ensuring renewable energy reaches the 1.3 billion people currently without electricity, reimagining the future of healthcare, or addressing the global unemployment crisis). Through running worldwide accelerator programmes, a globally oriented private equity fund, an extensive network of over 300 serial business leaders as mentors, and advanced storytelling and media activities, Unreasonable is designed to exclusively support entrepreneurs positioned to solve society's toughest problems. For more information about Unreasonable, please visit www.unreasonablegroup.com.
About Unreasonable Impact, created with Barclays
Unreasonable Impact is an innovative multi-year partnership between Barclays and Unreasonable Group to launch the world’s first international network of accelerators focused on scaling up entrepreneurial solutions that will help employ thousands worldwide in the emerging green economy. Since 2016, Unreasonable Impact has hosted programs each year in three distinct markets: the Americas, UK and Europe, and Asia Pacific. To date, the 70-plus ventures that comprise the global cohort operate in over 180 countries, have raised over USD $1.3bn in funding, have generated over USD $1.1bn in revenue, and support almost 20,000 jobs.
+46 73-643 16 94