January 1 – March 31, 2018
The first quarter in figures
- Net sales amounted to TSEK 1,939 (1,755).
- The loss after tax amounted to TSEK 9,656 (11,615).
- The loss per share amounted to SEK 0.58 (1.40).
- The cash flow from current operations was negative in the amount of TSEK 9,682 (11,981).
- The gross margin was 46.4% (26.5%).
- Electrode sales in volume increased by 1% and reached 4,134 (4,096) units. Repeat sales of electrodes increased by 24%.
Important events during the quarter
- The primary market Germany showed a recovery in the quarter with sales in value up by 14% and electrode sales volume up by 9%.
- Market and reimbursement activities now up and running in the New York area.
Important events after the end of the period
- The notice to attend the AGM 2018 was published.
- The annual report 2017 was published.
- The first Nevisense article by US researchers was published by Svoboda, Rigel et al. in SKIN, The journal of cutaneous medicine.
|Apr 1 2016 -|
|Jan 1 - Mar 31||Mar 31 2017||Jan 1 - Dec 31|
|Net sales, SEK ths||1 939||1 755||7 043||6 859|
|Gross margin, %||46,4%||26,5%||40,6%||35,4%|
|Equity/Asset ratio, %||91,9%||90,7%||91,4%||90,5%|
|Net indebtness, multiple||0,09||0,10||0,09||0,11|
|Cash equivalents, SEK ths||95 542||72 627||95 542||110 015|
|Cashflow from operating activities, SEK ths||-9 682||-11 981||-41 880||-44 180|
|Earnings per share (before and after dilution), SEK||-0,58||-1,40||-3,83||-5,00|
|Shareholder's equity per share, SEK||6,38||9,79||8,84||13,63|
|Average number of shares, 000'||16 618||8 285||10 576||8 493|
|Number of shares at closing of period, 000'||16 618||8 285||16 618||16 618|
|Share price at end of period, SEK||7,45||19,08||7,45||7,80|
|Number of sold electrodes, pieces||4 134||4 096||16 742||16 704|
|Average number of employees||20||22||21||21|
This information is information that SciBase Holding AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out below, at 08.00 CET on May 9, 2018.
This interim report has not been subject to review by the Company’s auditors.
Michael Colérus, CFO
For more information, please contact:
Simon Grant, CEO SciBase
Phone: +46 72 887 43 99
About SciBase and Nevisense
SciBase AB is a Swedish medical technology company, headquartered in Stockholm that has developed a unique point-of-care device for the accurate detection of malignant melanoma. Its product, Nevisense, helps doctors to detect malignant melanoma, the most dangerous type of skin cancer. SciBase was founded by Stig Ollmar, Associate Professor at The Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden. Nevisense is based on substantial research and has achieved excellent results in the largest clinical study ever conducted on the detection of malignant melanoma. Nevisense is CE marked in Europe, has TGA approval in Australia, and now also a FDA clearance in the United States. Nevisense is based on a method called Electrical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS), which uses the varying electrical properties of human tissue to categorize cellular structures and thereby detect malignancies. SciBase is listed on Nasdaq First North (“SCIB”). Avanza is the certified advisor. Further information is available on www.scibase.com.