Build a Better Business
10th October 2013
A free business advice event to be staged in Lincoln next month will point firms towards a more prosperous and sustainable future.
Building a Better Business returns by popular demand with a range of speakers covering topics as diverse as PR, email marketing, employment law, profit improvement and customer service.
Organised by Lincolnshire Chamber of Commerce in conjunction with accountancy firm Streets Chartered Accountants and Lincolnshire County Council, the event at The Showroom in Lincoln on Wednesday 20th November aims to equip Lincolnshire businesses with the skills to grow and develop in a challenging economy.
The event is supported by Shooting Star PR, Ruddocks and the University of Lincoln and is designed to allow delegates to drop in and out of seminars, avoiding the need to take a whole day out of the office.
“Business people are extremely busy and they often find it hard to commit to a full-day event,” said Simon Beardsley, Chief Executive of the Lincolnshire Chamber of Commerce.
“At Building a Better Business we’ve lined up some excellent speakers giving advice on a range of useful topics. It’s a flexible event where delegates can pick and choose the elements they want to participate in. However, there will be so much useful advice on offer that many delegates will want to stay for the whole day.”
The guest speaker on the day with be Chris Illsley, Chief Executive of Lincoln business Running Imp, who will talk about how to grow and improve your business in challenging times.
Other talks will be given by Jez Ashberry of Shooting Star PR, Neil Gray from Streets Chartered Accountants, Andy Clayton from Ruddocks, Sally Hubbard from Ringrose Law and business coach Hil Gibb among others.
The event takes place between 9.15am and 3.30pm at The Showroom in Lincoln on Wednesday 20th November 2013.
Those attending can select two morning seminars and two afternoon seminars and will be offered a complimentary lunch.
To book your free place call Natasha Clegg on 01522 523333 or email email@example.com
Notes to Editors
- Lincolnshire Chamber of Commerce represents members across Lincolnshire at a local, regional and national level on matters concerning trade, commerce and industry and lobbying.
- Shooting Star PR was founded in Lincoln in 2006 by directors Kate Strawson and Jez Ashberry. The agency specialises in media relations, social media, media training and copywriting.
- Streets Chartered Accountants and Tax Advisors is a UK top 40 firm of Chartered Accountants servicing the needs of clients for accountancy and audit work.
- Lincolnshire County Council is the largest local authority in the county, covering issues ranging from education and transport to libraries and heritage.
- The University of Lincoln opened in Lincoln in 1996 and now has over 11,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students on campus.
- Ruddocks is a long-standing Lincoln firm, operating both a High Street shop and a design and printing business.