It’s Time to Enter Skills Awards
15th November 2012
The success of apprentices, training providers and employers will be celebrated when the Lincolnshire & Rutland Skills Awards are announced at a gala awards evening next spring.
The 2013 Skills Awards have just been launched, and there’s still time for young people, employers and training providers to enter: the deadline for entries is 25thJanuary 2013.
The awards, which celebrate vocational work-based learning, are organised by the Lincolnshire & Rutland Employment and Skills Board with the support of a range of different organisations and individuals.
The award categories are: Apprentice of the Year, School Partnership of the Year, Employer of the Year, Personal Achiever of the Year and Continued Success Award.
Herman Kok, Chairman of the Lincolnshire & Rutland Employment and Skills Board and Greater Lincolnshire LEP board member, said: ‘We are pleased to launch these awards as they recognise the local skills development excellence that supports our current and future workforce so necessary for the success of local employers and our wider economy.”
Geoff Middleton, Director and Chair of the Lincolnshire & Rutland Work Based Academy, commented: “It is a delight each year to read the entries from our most talented apprentices and I am looking forward to being inspired again.”
Ian Dickinson, Business Manager at First College Lincolnshire which provided more award applications in 2012 than any other training provider, added: “First College is keen to be involved in the Lincolnshire and Rutland Skills Awards to celebrate the success of all learners across the district.
“It is vital to take this opportunity to publicly recognise the achievements of individuals and their supporters, including employers, to demonstrate the quality of learning provision that is available so that others can benefit in the future.
“The event allows all of us involved to see how much it means to people and how their lives have been changed for the better by their learning experiences.”
Full details and application forms are available on the Employment and Skills Board website: www.lincsrutlandesb.com
The closing date for entries is 12 noon on 25th January 2013. Applicants will find out in March if they have been successful in reaching the grand final, which will be held in Lincoln on 25th April 2013.
Notes to Editors:
- The Lincolnshire & Rutland Employment and Skills Board was established in 2009.
- The board plays an active role in flying the flag for vocational skills and the part skills and apprenticeships plays in business and economic success.
- The board looks after the skills agenda on behalf of the Greater Lincolnshire LEP, providing an expert voice.
- For more information about the Lincolnshire and Rutland Employment and Skills Board or the Skills Awards please contact Clare Hughes on 01522 550545.
- The Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership is a body led by the private sector which aims to improve conditions for infrastructure and doing business in the Greater Lincolnshire area.
- For more information about the Greater Lincolnshire LEP please contact Ruth Carver or Carolyn Tuscher at the LEP Secretariat on 01522 550515, or visit www.greaterlincolnshirelep.co.uk.