Promoting Lincolnshire Overseas
14th February 2014
The Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) is to attend one of the largest property development shows in the world in a bid to bring business to the area.
The LEP will showcase key development sites – including Teal Park, Sleaford Enterprise Park, Europarc and Port of Grimsby and the Spalding Freight Interchange – to potential investors from across the globe at MIPIM in Cannes between 11th and 14th March 2014.
The Chair of the LEP, Ursula Lidbetter (MBE), will host a reception on the second day of the event to help build relationships with key investors who could help grow the Greater Lincolnshire economy. This will be followed with a relaxed VIP dinner hosted by representatives from the LEP on the penultimate day.
Ursula said: “MIPIM represents an unrivalled opportunity for us to engage with potential investors and encourage them to bring their future development plans to Greater Lincolnshire.
“Greater Lincolnshire offers a wealth of investment opportunities, from business park developments and the housing market to leisure and retail projects. By attending MIPIM we have the chance to demonstrate the strengths and opportunities in our region.
“I am delighted that the private sector is also giving this event and our attendance its backing, with several major names also attending.”
Supporting the LEP on its visit will be Waldeck Consulting, Taylor Lindsey, Pygott and Crone and Lindum Group. MIPIM is expected to attract 20,000 delegates from more than 80 countries.
The LEP has put together a prospectus of key sites with details on the size of the development and its purpose, along with information on the support available for businesses looking to invest. These will be handed out to investors and international media. A short film on the area is also being produced to show at the event, which will give more detail about Greater Lincolnshire.
Notes to Editors:
• MIPIM will take place between 11th and 14th March in Cannes, France. Visit www.mipim.com for more information.
• The Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership is a private and public sector partnership led by the private sector which aims to improve conditions for infrastructure and doing business in the Greater Lincolnshire area.
• One of the first LEPs to be established in the UK, the Greater Lincolnshire LEP covers a large geographical area with a population of over one million and a diverse range of industries, from ports and logistics to farming, tourism and engineering.
• It includes North and North East Lincolnshire and the administrative county of Lincolnshire and is controlled by a LEP board made up of leading figures in the public and private sector.
• Visit www.greaterlincolnshirelep.co.uk for details on the LEP