Shooting Star PR Takes on Dance4Life
31st August 2012
The charity behind a major two-day dance showcase in Lincolnshire has taken on Shooting Star PR to help create a buzz around the event.
Lincolnshire Dance, a charitable organisation launched in 2000 to offer a chance for people from all walks of life to become involved in dance, is planning a grande finale for the Dance4Life project on 17thand 18th November.
The dancing spectaculars are the final showcase of the two-year £180,000 Dance4Life project which aims to increase the number of adults involved in dance across the county. The events will spread from Lincoln across the county and will include interactive workshops, healthy food, photo exhibits and the final show.
Shooting Star PR met with the Dance4Life team to discuss their needs before being appointed this month.
Account Manager Cerri Delaney said: “Dance4Life has been a very exciting and innovative project in the county so we are delighted to land this latest contract.
“We look forward to helping to spread the word about the benefits of dance and how much fun people will have at the Dance4Life showcase in November.”
The Lincoln-based agency, which has clients across the UK, is bringing a strong pedigree of helping to promote artistic events, after managing the PR for the city’s first ever festival of digital culture, Frequency 2011, last summer.
On Saturday 17th November activities will take place at The New Life Church and The Healthy Hub in Lincoln city centre. Timings are yet to be confirmed but there will be dance workshops, information stalls from community and healthy living groups, food, personal stories, photo displays and performances from groups which have been set up as a result of the project.
On Sunday 18th November four rural locations – Spilsby, Holbeach, Binbrook and Scotter – as well as Lincoln city, will host a traditional céilidh open to all members of the public. They will all be scheduled to start at the same time across all locations, bringing synchronised movement throughout the county.
Shooting Star PR has now worked for more than 100 clients since it was founded in 2006, including DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln, Beatson Clark, Invest Lincolnshire, Cool Milk, Duncan & Toplis, and Waldeck Engineering.
To find out how good PR can benefit your business contact Shooting Star PR on 01522 528540 or email email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- Shooting Star PR was founded in 2006 by Kate Strawson and Jez Ashberry and became incorporated as a company limited by guarantee in 2007.
- Based in Lincoln, Shooting Star PR works for local and national public and private sector clients across a wide range of industries including education, leisure and tourism, property, retail, finance, manufacturing and construction.
- The company offers a full range of PR, marketing and editorial services and is a Quality Assured supplier on the East Midlands Service Provider Register - www.embrokerage.com
- Dance4Life is a programme offered by the charity Lincolnshire Dance and is funded through the Lincolnshire Health and Wellbeing Fund, which is supported by Lincolnshire County Council and NHS Lincolnshire. The scheme aims to give adults who may not have had access to dance or lacked confidence a chance to try different disciplines.
- Lincolnshire Dance is a charitable organisation launched in 2000 to offer a chance for people from all walks of life to become involved in dance in some way. The idea was to change hearts and minds to get people involved. As part of that programme, a two-year project called Dance4Life was launched as a spin-off from the Change4Life scheme.