Nine month report, January-September 2017
January-September 2017 compared to January-September 2016
Highlights according to segment reporting
• Revenue amounted to SEK 117.2 billion (109.1); adjusted for currency effects, revenue increased 6 percent.
• Operating income amounted to SEK 4.8 billion (4.9); adjusted for currency effects operating income decreased 3 percent.
• Earnings per share increased by 14 percent to SEK 10.58 (9.30).
• Operating cash flow from operations amounted to SEK –1.2 billion (–2.5), according to IFRSs.
• Operating net financial assets totaled SEK 6.2 billion (June 30, 2017: 7.4), according to IFRSs.
• Order bookings in Construction amounted to SEK 118.6 billion (130.6); adjusted for currency effects, order bookings decreased by 10 percent. The order backlog amounted to SEK 194.7 billion (June 30, 2017: 202.2).
• Operating income in Construction amounted to SEK 1.4 billion (2.3), corresponding to an operating margin of 1.3 percent (2.3); adjusted for currency operating income decreased 38 percent.
• Operating income in Project Development (Residential, Commercial Property and Infrastructure Development) amounted to SEK 4.1 billion (3.3); adjusted for currency effects operating income increased by 23 percent.
• Return on capital employed in Project Development was 16.3 percent (15.8).
• Net investments in Project Development amounted to SEK –1.3 billion (–0.3), according to IFRSs.
This report will also be presented via a telephone conference and webcast at 10:00 a.m. (CET) on October 27. The telephone conference will be webcasted live at www.skanska.com/investors, where a recording of the conference will also be available later. To participate in the telephone conference, please dial +46 8 505 564 74, +44 2033 645 374, or +1 855 753 2230. This and previous releases can also be found at www.skanska.com/investors.
For further information, please contact:
Peter Wallin, Executive Vice President and CFO, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8900
André Löfgren, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 1363
Katarina Grönwall, Senior Vice President, Communications, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8877
Edvard Lind, Group Press Officer, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8808
The information provided herein is such as Skanska AB is obligated to disclose pursuant to the EU market securities act (EU) no. 596/2014.
Skanska is one of the world’s leading construction and project development companies, focused on selected home markets in the Nordic region, other European countries and North America. Supported by global trends in urbanization and demographics, and by being at the forefront in sustainability, Skanska offers competitive solutions for both simple and the most complex assignments, helping to build a sustainable future for customers and communities.