Six month report, January–June 2019
January-June 2019 compared to January-June 2018
Highlights according to segment reporting
• Revenue amounted to SEK 80.9 billion (79.5); adjusted for currency effects revenue decreased 3 percent.
• Operating income amounted to SEK 3.2 billion (1.9); adjusted for currency effects operating income increased 61 percent. Legal decisions impacted positively by SEK 0.4 billion.
• Earnings per share increased 65 percent to SEK 6.41 (3.89).
• Operating cash flow from operations amounted to SEK –2.5 billion (–0.3), according to IFRS.
• Adjusted interest-bearing net receivables(+)/net debt(–) totaled SEK –2.8 billion (March 31, 2019: 0.9), according to IFRS.
• Operating income in Construction amounted to SEK 1.6 billion (0.5). The comparable period includes restructuring charges and project write-downs impacting negatively and claims resolutions and pension curtailments impacting positively. Total net impact of SEK –1.1 billion.
• Order bookings in Construction amounted to SEK 61.9 billion (71.9); adjusted for currency effects order bookings decreased 18 percent. The order backlog amounted to SEK 184.0 billion (March 31, 2019: 190.1).
• Operating income in Project Development amounted to SEK 1.7 billion (2.0); adjusted for currency effects operating income decreased 12 percent.
• Return on capital employed in Project Development was 10.9 percent (11.1).
This report will also be presented via a telephone conference and an audiocast at 10:00 a.m. (CET) on July 24, 2019. The telephone conference will be audiocasted live at www.skanska.com/investors, where a recording of the conference will also be available later. To participate in the telephone conference, please dial +46 8 566 426 51, or +44 333 300 0804, or +1 631 913 1422. PIN code 75663807#. This and previous releases can also be found at www.skanska.com/investors.
For further information, please contact:
Magnus Persson, Executive Vice President and CFO, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8900
André Löfgren, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 1363
Karolina Cederhage, Senior Vice President, Communications, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 0880
Jacob Birkeland, Head of Media Relations, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 449 1957
The information provided herein is such as Skanska AB is obligated to disclose pursuant to the EU market securities act (EU) no. 596/2014.
Skanska is one of the world’s leading construction and project developmen companies, focused on selected home markets in the Nordics, Europe and USA. Supported by global trends in urbanization and demographics, and by being at the forefront in sustainability, Skanska offers competitive solutions for both simple and the most complex assignments, helping to build a sustainable future for customers and communities.