Six month report, January–June 2020
January-June 2020 compared to January-June 2019
Highlights according to segment reporting
- Revenue decreased 5 percent and amounted to SEK 76.7 billion (80.9); adjusted for currency effects revenue decreased 6 percent.
- Operating income increased 16 percent and amounted to SEK 3.7 billion (3.2); no currency effects.
- Earnings per share increased 14 percent and amounted to SEK 7.29 (6.41).
- Operating cash flow from operations amounted to SEK 3.3 billion (–2.5), according to IFRS.
- Adjusted interest-bearing net receivables (+)/net debt (–) totaled SEK 6.8 billion (March 31, 2020: 5.3), according to IFRS.
- Order bookings in Construction amounted to SEK 78.2 billion (61.9); adjusted for currency effects order bookings increased 25 percent. The order backlog amounted to SEK 189.0 billion (March 31, 2020: 199.0).
- Operating income in Construction amounted to SEK 1.4 billion (1.6).
- Operating income in Project Development amounted to SEK 2.7 billion (1.7).
- Return on capital employed in Project Development was 11.9 percent (10.9).
- Return on equity was 20.6 percent (17.4).
This report will also be presented via a telephone conference and a webcast at 10:00 a.m. (CET) on July 23, 2020. The telephone conference will be webcasted live at www.skanska.com/investors, where a recording of the conference will also be available later. To participate in the telephone conference, please dial +46 8 566 426 51, or +44 333 300 0804, or +1 631 913 1422. PIN code 88257841#. This and previous releases can also be found at www.skanska.com/investors.
For further information, please contact:
Magnus Persson, Executive Vice President and CFO, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8900
André Löfgren, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 1363
Karolina Cederhage, Senior Vice President, Communications, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 0880
Jacob Birkeland, Head of Media Relations, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 449 1957
Skanska is one of the world’s leading construction and project development companies, focused on selected home markets in the Nordics, Europe and USA. Supported by global trends in urbanization and demographics, and by being at the forefront in sustainability, Skanska offers competitive solutions for both simple and the most complex assignments, helping to build a sustainable future for customers and communities.