Six month report, January–June 2021
January-June 2021 compared to January-June 2020
Highlights according to segment reporting
- Revenue amounted to SEK 69.8 billion (76.7); adjusted for currency effects revenue decreased 3 percent.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 4.7 billion (3.7); adjusted for currency effects operating income increased 29 percent.
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 9.27 (7.29).
- Operating cash flow from operations amounted to SEK 0.9 billion (3.3), according to IFRS.
- Adjusted interest-bearing net receivables(+)/net debt(–) totaled SEK 13.9 billion (March 31, 2021: 15.9), according to IFRS.
- Order bookings in Construction amounted to SEK 84.7 billion (78.2); adjusted for currency effects order bookings increased 16 percent. The order backlog amounted to SEK 201.3 billion (March 31, 2021: 193.4).
- Operating income in Construction amounted to SEK 2.2 billion (1.4), representing an operating margin of 3.6 percent (1.9).
- Operating income in Project Development amounted to SEK 2.7 billion (2.7).
- Return on capital employed in Project Development was 12.4 percent (11.9).
- Return on equity was 26.7 percent (20.6).
This report will also be presented via a telephone conference and a webcast at 10:00 CET on July 23, 2021. The telephone conference will be webcasted live at www.skanska.com/investors, where a recording of the conference will also be available later. To participate in the telephone conference, please dial +46 8 505 583 58, or +44 333 300 9035, or +1 646 722 4903.
This is information that Skanska AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Swedish Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the Senior Vice President Investor Relations set out below, at 07:30 CET on July 23, 2021.
For further information, please contact:
Magnus Persson, Executive Vice President and CFO, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8900
André Löfgren, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 1363
Karolina Cederhage, Senior Vice President, Communications, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 0880
Jacob Birkeland, Head of Media Relations and Public Affairs, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 449 1957
This and previous releases can also be found at www.skanska.com/investors.
Skanska is one of the world’s leading construction and project development companies, focused on selected home markets in the Nordics, Europe and USA. Supported by global trends in urbanization and demographics, and by being at the forefront in sustainability, Skanska offers competitive solutions for both simple and the most complex assignments, helping to build a sustainable future for customers and communities.