Three month report, January-March 2019
January-March 2019 compared to January-March 2018
Highlights according to segment reporting
• Revenue amounted to SEK 35.1 billion (37.0); adjusted for currency effects revenue decreased 11 percent.
• Operating income amounted to SEK 0.5 billion (0.7); adjusted for currency effects operating income decreased 30 percent.
• Earnings per share decreased 30 percent to SEK 0.87 (1.25).
• Operating cash flow from operations amounted to SEK –1.3 billion (–0.6), according to IFRS.
• Adjusted net financial assets/liabilities totaled SEK 0.9 billion (Dec. 31, 2018: 2.1), according to IFRS.
• Order bookings in Construction amounted to SEK 27.3 billion (32.9); adjusted for currency effects order bookings decreased 22 percent. The order backlog amounted to SEK 190.1 billion (Dec. 31, 2018: 192.0).
• Operating income in Construction amounted to SEK 371 M (–41). The comparable period includes restructuring charges and project write-downs impacting negatively and claims resolutions and pension curtailments impacting positively.
• Operating income in Project Development amounted to SEK 0.3 billion (1.1); adjusted for currency effects operating income decreased 75 percent.
• Return on capital employed in Project Development was 9.7 percent (13.9).
• Net investments in Project Development amounted to SEK –0.4 billion (–1.6), according to IFRS.
This report will also be presented via a telephone conference and a webcast at 10:00 a.m. (CET) on April 26, 2019. The telephone conference will be webcasted live at www.skanska.com/investors, where a recording of the conference will also be available later. To participate in the telephone conference, please dial +46 8 566 426 51, or +44 333 300 0804, or +1 631 913 1422. PIN code 25718891#. This and previous releases can also be found at www.skanska.com/investors.
For further information, please contact:
Magnus Persson, Executive Vice President and CFO, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8900
André Löfgren, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 1363
Karolina Cederhage, Senior Vice President, Communications, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 0880
Jacob Birkeland, Head of Media Relations, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 449 1957
The information provided herein is such as Skanska AB is obligated to disclose pursuant to the EU market securities act (EU) no. 596/2014.
Skanska is one of the world’s leading construction and project development companies, focused on selected home markets in the Nordics, Europe and USA. Supported by global trends in urbanization and demographics, and by being at the forefront in sustainability, Skanska offers competitive solutions for both simple and the most complex assignments, helping to build a sustainable future for customers and communities.