Three month report, January–March 2021
January-March 2021 compared to January-March 2020.
Highlights according to segment reporting:
• Revenue amounted to SEK 34.4 billion (41.2); adjusted for currency effects revenue decreased 10 percent.
• Operating income amounted to SEK 2.3 billion (2.9); adjusted for currency effects operating income decreased 17 percent.
• Earnings per share amounted to SEK 4.59 (5.78).
• Operating cash flow from operations amounted to SEK 3.3 billion (1.6), according to IFRS.
• Adjusted interest-bearing net receivables(+)/net debt(–) totaled SEK 15.9 billion (December 31, 2020: 16.0), according to IFRS.
• Order bookings in Construction amounted to SEK 34.9 billion (41,3); adjusted for currency effects order bookings decreased 9 percent. The order backlog amounted to SEK 193.4 billion (December 31, 2020: 178.9).
• Operating income in Construction amounted to SEK 0.7 billion (0.6), representing an operating margin of 2.5 percent (1.6).
• Operating income in Project Development amounted to SEK 1.7 billion (2.5).
• Return on capital employed in Project Development was 10.5 percent (14.8).
• Return on equity was 23.9 percent (27.0).
This report will also be presented via a telephone conference and a webcast at 10:00 a.m. (CET) on April 29, 2021. The telephone conference will be webcasted live at www.group.skanska.com/investors, where a recording of the conference will also be available later. To participate in the telephone conference, please dial +46 8 505 583 51, or +44 333 300 9271, or +1 844 625 1570. This and previous releases can also be found at www.skanska.com/investors.
This information is such that Skanska AB is obliged to make public in accordance with the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the Senior Vice President Investor Relations set out below, at 7:30 a.m. CET on April 29, 2021.
For further information, please contact:
Magnus Persson, Executive Vice President and CFO, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8900
André Löfgren, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 1363
Karolina Cederhage, Senior Vice President, Communications, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 0880
Jacob Birkeland, Head of Media Relations, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 449 1957
Skanska is one of the world’s leading construction and project development companies, focused on selected home markets in the Nordics, Europe and USA. Supported by global trends in urbanization and demographics, and by being at the forefront in sustainability, Skanska offers competitive solutions for both simple and the most complex assignments, helping to build a sustainable future for customers and communities.