Year-end report, January–December 2018
Skanska year-end report, January-December 2018 (compared to January-December 2017)
Highlights according to segment reporting
- Revenue amounted to SEK 170.5 billion (160.8); adjusted for currency effects revenue increased 3 percent.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 4.8 billion (5.5); adjusted for currency effects operating income decreased 14 percent.
- Earnings per share decreased 21 percent to SEK 9.55 (12.01).
- The Board of Directors propose a dividend of SEK 6.00 (8.25) per share.
- Operating cash flow from operations amounted to SEK 7.4 billion (2.9), according to IFRS.
- Operating net financial assets totaled SEK 14.2 billion (September 30, 2018: 7.3), according to IFRS.
- Order bookings in Construction amounted to SEK 151.7 billion (151.8); adjusted for currency effects order bookings decreased 3 percent. The order backlog amounted to SEK 192.0 billion (September 30, 2018: 186.3).
- Operating income in Construction amounted to SEK 1.1 billion (1.2); adjusted for currency effects operating income decreased 8 percent and includes restructuring charges, project write-downs and impairment charges. The two latter also in the comparable period.
- Operating income in Project Development amounted to SEK 4.6 billion (5.4); adjusted for currency effects operating income decreased 16 percent.
- Return on capital employed in Project Development was 13.0 percent (14.5).
- Net divestments in Project Development amounted to SEK 5.4 billion (0.8), according to IFRS.
This report will also be presented via a telephone conference and a webcast at 10:00 a.m. (CET) on February 8, 2019. The telephone conference will be webcasted live at www.skanska.com/investors, where a recording of the conference will also be available later. To participate in the telephone conference, please dial +46 8 505 564 74, +44 203 364 5374, or +1 855 753 2230. This and previous releases can also be found at www.skanska.com/investors.
For further information, please contact:
Magnus Persson, Executive Vice President and CFO, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8900
André Löfgren, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 1363
Karolina Cederhage, Senior Vice President, Communications, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 0880
Patric Elmén, Acting Head of Media Relations, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 449 3134
The information provided herein is such as Skanska AB is obligated to disclose pursuant to the EU market securities act (EU) no. 596/2014.
Skanska is one of the world’s leading construction and project development companies, focused on selected home markets in the Nordics, Europe and USA. Supported by global trends in urbanization and demographics, and by being at the forefront in sustainability, Skanska offers competitive solutions for both simple and the most complex assignments, helping to build a sustainable future for customers and communities.