Asbestos Victim Awarded $3 Million
Gerald Suttner worked at the automaker’s GM Powertrain Facility from 1964 to 1979 repairing valves manufactured by Crane Co. Part of the repair process he performed regularly involved removing asbestos gaskets, which led to him regularly inhaling asbestos dust, according to the Tonawanda News.
In 2010, Suttner was diagnosed with pleural mesothelioma, a rare and deadly cancer that is caused by exposure to asbestos. He died one year later at the age of 77.
Suttner’s wife Joann and adult disabled daughter are the plaintiffs in the case against Crane Co. The damages payout will consist of four percent from Crane and the rest from other liable entities, writes the Tonawanda News.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, there may be legal options worth pursuing. Contact Sokolove Law today for a free legal consultation regarding a mesothelioma lawsuit.