Changes to interest rates on SpareBank 1 Nord-Norge mortgages
SpareBank 1 Nord-Norge has decided to raise its mortgage rates by 0.25 percentage points.
– The money market rates have increased over the course of 2018. This rate increase is a consequence of that, says Rolf Eigil Bygdnes, CFO at SpareBank 1 Nord-Norge.
Bygdnes believes that the rate increase is expected:
– It’s been a long time since the Governor of the Central Bank of Norway suggested that a change would arrive this autumn. We have been experiencing historically low interest rates for many years. I think most people were prepared for an increase.
Following the change, the best illustrative mortgage rate available from SpareBank 1 Nord-Norge will be 2.3 per cent, available to members of LO who are under 34.
– Our goal is to always be competitive. This will still be the case following this change, says Bygdnes. The CFO also notes that 0.25 per cent is an average rise, and that there will be variations in the size of the rise amongst individual customers.
All existing mortgage customers will receive details of their new terms and conditions.
Contact people SpareBank 1 Nord-Norge:
- CFO Rolf Eigil Bygdnes; tel. +47 905 19 774
- Communications Consultant Gudrun Gulldahl, tel. +47 980 74 454