Stematch in Gold at Sibos! SWIFT Ready Gold Accreditation for Steria Payment Reconciliation Software

Stematch in Gold at Sibos! SWIFT Ready Gold Accreditation for Steria Payment Reconciliation Software Steria's global reconciliation software, Stematch, has been awarded the SWIFT Ready Gold Reconciliation for Payments Label. In a new market environment where post trade systems like CLS (Clearing Linked Settlement) are requiring real-time and intra-day operational risk control, Stematch is providing global financial transaction reconciliation. Straight Through Processing (STP), which aims at integrating and handling automatic financial flows, has raised new organizational concerns. If 90% of all transactions can be completely automated without any problem, it means that the remaining 10%, which represents exceptions, must be detected and dealt with automatically. Stematch offers real time reconciliation and exception management for payments, securities and confirmations, therefore reducing operational risks while improving efficiency. Cristina Rigo, Partner Solutions Relationship Manager SWIFT, said: "We are pleased to award Stematch with the SWIFT Ready Reconciliation for Payments Gold Label. Steria has successfully implemented the intra-day payment reconciliation with Stematch version 5, which allows back-office operation to track the daily payment process in real time". Etienne Savatier, Marketing Director of Steria in Switzerland explained that "With this label, Stematch has joined the major league of reconciliation software. Stematch is now accredited for both SWIFTReady Gold Reconciliation payments and securities.The Steria solution brings immediate benefits for our customers in today's difficult market environment to enhance back office productivity and to improve control on operational risks during transactions." Launched at the end of 1999, Stematch is used by 35 banks in Europe including the Bank for International Settlement, Swiss National Bank, BNP Paribas, Banco Lavoro, Banca Monte Paschi, EFG Private Bank and Swissquote. Stematch belongs to Steria Solutions for STP which also includes Stelink financial messaging EAI and Steform intelligent message builde, based on ISO 15022 and XML. Steria is a global operator of banking and financial services with a large range of customers across Europe, including BNP-Paribas (France), ACA Valores (Spain), Advance Bank (Germany), BBS - Central Bank (Norway) and Swiss Life (Switzerland). The Advance Bank recently received the highly regarded award, "Solution of the Year", from the Association for Information and Image Management (AIIM) for its solution automating the account opening process, which was implemented by Steria. Steria solutions for the banking sector will be demonstrated during SIBOS in Geneva on stand D160. About Steria (www.steria.com and www.steria.ch) : Steria is ranked in the top 10 of IT services companies in Europe, after having acquired the main part of Bull's European IT Services Business. Now present in a total of 12 countries worldwide with 9000 employees, Steria has forecasted 2002 revenue of over ?1 billion, 60% of which will be generated by its activities outside of France. The Group has reinforced its strategic positioning as a global lT services operator due to its expertise in three core businesses: consulting, systems integration and managed services. Steria has 33 years of experience in the banking and insurance, industry/utilities/transport, public service and telecommunications sectors. Its expertise in business, process and technology enables Steria to partner with its customers throughout their successes and development. Steria is a pioneer in employee shareholding with 34% of its capital held by its employees. Steria is listed on Paris Euronext ("First Market" and SBF 120). Contact press: Steria Group Dominique Lambert Tel. : +33 1 34 88 64 44 e-mail. Dominique.lambert@steria.com Steria Suisse Etienne Savatier Tel. : +41 22 708 02 15 e-mail. etienne.savatier@steria.ch More information : www.steria.ch - banking part. Expert opinion: STP and operational risks - Streamlining operations with standard procedures, while maintaining client confidence and transaction security, has become paramount for all actors in the financial market. ------------------------------------------------------------ This information was brought to you by Waymaker http://www.waymaker.net The following files are available for download: http://www.waymaker.net/bitonline/2003/10/09/20031009BIT01590/wkr0001.pdf

Documents & Links