SWECO AB (publ)Year-end report 2012
Strong growth and record earnings
OCTOBER – DECEMBER 2012
- Net sales of SEK 2,093.5 million (1,786.1).
- Operating profit of SEK 182.5 million (191.6).
- Operating margin of 8.7 per cent (10.7).
- Profit after tax of SEK 114.3 million (129.0) and earnings per share of SEK 1.23 (1.41).
JANUARY – DECEMBER 2012
- Net sales of SEK 7,503.5 million (5,987.6).
- Operating profit of SEK 659.3 million (531.3).
- Operating margin of 8.8 per cent (8.9).
- Profit after tax of SEK 459.8 million (374.8) and earnings per share of SEK 4.97 (4.11).
- Net debt of SEK 409.3 million (net receivable of SEK 140.9 million).
- The Board proposes a dividend of SEK 3.25 (3.00) per share.
Comments from CEO Tomas Carlsson:
“2012 was a record year for Sweco. We grew by 25 per cent and improved our operating profit by SEK 128 million. At the same time, we maintained an operating margin of close to 9 per cent. The top-performing business area was Sweco Finland with an operating margin of 11.7 per cent.
“Through the acquisition of FMC Group we created a leading player in Finland and since then we have further strengthened our position in the Finnish market. The acquisition was a key factor behind Sweco’s successes in 2012.
“The fourth quarter saw falling demand for services in the housing sector and in certain industrial segments. However, most areas of operation are continuing to enjoy healthy demand.
“Earnings, growth and cash flow for 2012 show that Sweco stands strong even in an economic downturn, which gives us excellent potential to capitalise on the opportunities available in the market. Our growth strategy is unchanged – we will continue our trajectory of profitable growth, both organically and through acquisitions.”
For additional information contact:
Tomas Carlsson, President & CEO
Telephone +46 8 695 66 60 / +46 70-552 92 75
Jonas Dahlberg, CFO
Telephone +46 8 695 63 32 / +46 70 347 23 83
Bo Jansson, Senior Vice President
Telephone +46 8 695 66 06 / +46 73 412 66 07
Sweco is an international consulting group with combined expertise in consulting engineering, environmental technology and architecture. Sweco has annual sales of approximately SEK 7.5 billion and 7,800 employees in 12 countries. The company has projects currently underway in some 80 countries worldwide. Sweco is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm AB.
Sweco discloses the information provided herein pursuant to the Securities Markets Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication on 14 February 2013, at 13:30 CET.