TELIA COMPANY EXERCISES MANDATE TO BUY BACK SHARES TO COVER COMMITMENTS UNDER THE “LONG TERM INCENTIVE PROGRAM 2018/2021”
The Board of Directors has decided to exercise the mandate for buy-back of shares that was approved by the Annual General Meeting on April 12, 2021.
To cover commitments under the “Long Term Incentive Program 2018/2021”, approved by the Annual General Meeting in 2018, the Board has decided to buy back a maximum of 619,439 shares, intended to be distributed to the participants by May 23, at the latest.
The buy-back program is subject to the following terms:
- Share repurchases can be made between 3 May 2021 and 5 May 2021.
- A maximum of 619,439 shares at a total amount not exceeding SEK 25 million may be repurchased.
- Repurchases are to be made on Nasdaq Stockholm and in accordance with Nasdaq Stockholm’s Rule Book for Issuers.
- Repurchases of shares on Nasdaq Stockholm are to be made at a per-share price within the registered interval for the going rate at any given time, which denotes the interval between the highest purchase price and the lowest selling price.
- According to the mandate given at the Annual General Meeting 12 April 2021, Telia Company’s holding of its own shares may not at any time exceed 10 percent of the outstanding shares in Telia Company. The total number of outstanding shares currently amounts to 4,089,631,702 and Telia Company currently holds no own shares.
- Payment for the shares will be made in cash.
Statements made in the press release relating to future status or circumstances, including future performance and other trend projections are forward-looking statements. By their nature, forward-looking statements involve risk and uncertainty because they relate to events and depend on circumstances that will occur in the future. There can be no assurance that actual results will not differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements due to many factors, many of which are outside the control of Telia Company.
We are Telia Company. Our 20,800 talented colleagues serve millions of customers every day in one of the world’s most connected regions. With a strong connectivity base, we’re the hub in the digital ecosystem, empowering people, companies and societies to stay in touch with everything that matters 24/7/365 - on their terms. Read more at www.teliacompany.com