TMG’s major stakeholders commit to an 'orderly market agreement' and four step growth plan for 2017 at Winter Summit
- Orderly market agreement binds all insiders to arrange any share disposals through TMG
- Four step plan focuses on new business, economies of scale, internal and external communications to drive organic growth and develop the network offering
Stockholm, 27th March, 2017 – The Marketing Group (“TMG” or the “Group”) (ST: TMG, FRANKFURT: 2MG), a global network of creative agencies, agreed to enter into an orderly market agreement during its Winter Summit 2017, held 16-18 March. Under the agreement, agency management and Unity Group of Companies’ shareholders must first approach TMG before directly selling shares in the open market. In addition, summit attendees developed a four-point plan for greater collaboration and communications in order to fully leverage cross-agency opportunities for organic growth and develop new business streams and activities.
Orderly market agreement
An agreement was reached that sees all agency-level management and Unity Group of Companies personnel who received shares as part of their original acquisition arrangements to enter into an orderly market agreement that will last for three years from the point that their respective lock-ups expire. This means that all trades subject to the agreement will be considered in aggregate at any given time and, with the assistance of a reputable broker, TMG will help conduct divestments in a manner that will be least disruptive to the market.
TMG’s 2017 Winter Summit focused on building on the core strategy, which is to bring together the best in global marketing expertise to develop a culture of creativity and entrepreneurialism. With a shared understanding that communications and collaboration are key drivers in underpinning agency-level organic growth, TMG agency management has devised a four-point plan to leverage the size and collective might of the network.
This collaboration will see the Group:
(1) Refine the new business process. The new business teams from each agency around the world will be connected via a database and instant messaging tools to facilitate real-time communication about opportunities to work together. Regular new business meetings will also be held regionally to encourage more collaboration on a local level. As the Group grows, the agencies are learning more about one another and how they can work with their colleagues in the network to provide more value to clients.
(2) Unlocking economies of scale. Several opportunities around consolidated cost centres and Group purchasing have been identified. Combining the media purchasing power of the Group is a quick win and aligns to the ambition to develop a more comprehensive offering around media, data and insight.
(3) Improving internal communications. At the heart of collaboration is communication and the Group will be deploying a task force to drive this collaboration and implement the sharing of not only detailed credentials but also successes, and case studies, creating a shared resource that can be filtered by sector and by geography.
(4) Sharing the Group, and subsidiaries’ achievements. Recognising the need for the market to fully understand the strengths of both the Group and its individual subsidiary agencies, improved internal communications (outlined above) will lead to greater external communications of successes with the market in the very near future.
2017 Winter Summit
The three-day summit served primarily as a platform for key management of the Group’s direct agency-level subsidiaries to foster a greater understanding of Group-wide expertise and to deepen relationships with their peers and uncover areas of collaboration. It also provided an excellent opportunity for the new management team to get to know everyone and work with agency principals to develop the strategy for the Group and agree to the longer-term vision for building an agile, progressive marketing network.
The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 07:00am CEST on 27th March 2017.
For more information, please contact
Malcolm Robertson / Tom Evrard
Phone: +65 6831 7829 / 9850 1998
The Marketing Group in brief
The Marketing Group plc is a global marketing network that comprises a portfolio of successful and independent subsidiary businesses brought together under a central, publicly-listed operating platform. Each company within the Group provides specialist marketing services and together form a global network of companies offering clients a full suite of services. The central operating platform supports its subsidiary companies with management and coordinating activities as well as a common publicly-listed investment vehicle. The Marketing Group is listed on Nasdaq First North Stockholm. www.marketinggroupplc.com.
Mangold Fondkommission AB, +46 8-5030 15 50, is the company’s Certified Adviser and liquidity provider.