DAF Transport Efficiency for buses and coaches too
- Leading PACCAR engine range for maximum efficiency
- Euro 3, Euro 4, Euro 5 and Euro 6
- Optimal reliability and service intervals up to 150,000 kilometres for highest levels of vehicle availability
- Excellent fuel economy for low operational costs
- Full support for both manufacturers and operators
- More than 1,000 DAF service points with 200 specialised 'Coach & Bus' dealers
- 24-hour International Coach Service
- New: LF chassis for compact buses and coaches
At Busworld Kortrijk, to be held from 16 to 21 October, DAF will be extending its DAF Transport Efficiency programme to the bus and coach sector. This programme aims to further increase efficiency for operators. To achieve this goal, DAF Components not only supplies a complete range of reliable and economical PACCAR engines, but also a comprehensive package of services to ensure maximum vehicle availability. A key new addition to the DAF Components offering, is a DAF LF chassis module as a basis for compact buses.
For decades, DAF has held a prominent position on the international market for buses and coaches as an independent supplier of engines. DAF Components provides a complete range of Euro 6 engines for this market. The state-of-the-art PACCAR MX-13 engine with ratings of
303 kW/412 hp to 375 kW/510 hp is primarily fitted in large coaches for long distance journeys, while the new, lower-weight 10.8-litre PACCAR MX-11 engine is also used in buses for public transport. In line with the DAF Transport Efficiency philosophy, both engines are characterised by their low fuel consumption, optimum reliability and long service intervals of up to 150,000 kilometres, for maximum vehicle availability and the highest returns per kilometre. The same applies to the popular 9.2-litre PACCAR PR and 12.9-litre PACCAR MX engines, which are supplied for Euro 3, Euro 4 and Euro 5 emission standards.
New: LF chassis module for compact buses
A new addition to the DAF Components range is the chassis from the DAF LF distribution truck, which forms an ideal basis for compact buses with 30 to 40 seats. DAF supplies this chassis with a wheel base of 4.30 to 5.40 metres and with 4.5-litre PACCAR PX-5 four-cylinder and
6.7-litre PACCAR PX-7 six-cylinder engines (Euro 6), with ratings of 112 kW/152 hp to 231 kW/314 hp. There is a choice of manual and automatic transmissions. The DAF LF chassis module is perfect for building compact school buses or luxurious VIP buses. Bus and coach manufacturer Solaris will be exhibiting the first bus built on the LF chassis module during Busworld Kortrijk.
Full service for optimum efficiency
For optimum efficiency, it is important that a bus or coach is maximum usable. Operators of buses or coaches featuring a PACCAR engine can call on the assistance of more than 1,000 DAF service points located across Europe and beyond, of which 200 are specially appointed as 'DAF Coach & Bus dealers'. These dealers are located along major routes for passenger travel and are fully equipped to provide services for systems that are specific to buses and coaches, including sanitary facilities and pneumatic equipment. DAF's International Coach Service is also ready to provide its services 24 hours a day. On top of that, DAF dealers offer repair and maintenance contracts for maximum reassurance before the journey commences.
The DAF Components range includes the following engines:
- PACCAR MX-11 210 - 210 kW / 286 hp
- PACCAR MX-11 240 - 240 kW / 326 hp
- PACCAR MX-11 271 - 271 kW / 369 hp
- PACCAR MX-11 291 - 291 kW / 396 hp
- PACCAR MX-11 320 - 320 kW / 435 hp
- PACCAR MX-13 303 - 303 kW / 412 hp
- PACCAR MX-13 340 - 340 kW / 462 hp
- PACCAR MX-13 375 - 375 kW / 510 hp
Euro 3, Euro 4, Euro 5
- PACCAR PR 183 - 183 kW / 249 hp
- PACCAR PR 228 - 228 kW / 310 hp
- PACCAR PR 265 - 265 kW / 360 hp
- PACCAR MX 265 - 265 kW / 360 hp
- PACCAR MX 300 - 300 kW / 408 hp
- PACCAR MX 340 - 340 kW / 462 hp
- PACCAR MX 375 - 375 kW / 510 hp
DAF Trucks N.V. —a subsidiary of the American company PACCAR Inc., one of the world's largest manufacturers of heavy-duty trucks—is a leading manufacturer of light, medium and heavy-duty trucks. DAF manufactures a full range of tractor units and trucks, offering the right vehicle for every transport application. DAF is also a leading provider of services: Multi Support repair and maintenance contracts, financial services from PACCAR Financial and a first-class parts delivery service by PACCAR Parts. In addition, DAF develops and manufactures components such as axles and engines for bus and coach manufacturers worldwide. DAF Trucks N.V. has production facilities in Eindhoven in the Netherlands, Westerlo in Belgium, Leyland in the United Kingdom and Ponta Grossa in Brazil, and over 1,000 dealers and service points in Europe and beyond.