Off-the-shelf Euro 6 DAF LF Aerobody gives 160 year old furniture retailer more efficient deliveries - from Macclesfield to Monaco
- Two new Euro 6 DAF LF Aerobody trucks delivered to Macclesfield’s renowned furniture retailer Arighi Bianchi with special livery to celebrate its 160thanniversary
- New Euro 6 DAF LF chosen to reduce carbon footprint and ensure compliance with emissions legislation for deliveries to cities across the UK and the rest of Europe
- Arighi Bianchi fleet exclusively DAF as proven to be cost effective and hard wearing
- ‘Off-the-shelf’ DAF LF PACCAR Aerobody, built at Leyland Trucks plant in Leyland, Lancashire, can be up to eight per cent more economical than a conventional body
A leading family-owned and run furniture retailer, Arighi Bianchi, has chosen two, new ‘off-the-shelf’, DAF LF PACCAR Aerobody Euro 6 trucks, with special livery featuring the 160thanniversary of its business, to demonstrate its commitment to its carbon footprint, and to ensure it complies with the latest emissions legislation for deliveries across the UK and mainland Europe.
With deliveries to anywhere from Inverness to Monaco from its showroom in Macclesfield, Arighi Bianchi obviously needs a cost effective and reliable fleet, which is now entirely DAF LF 7.5 tonne trucks, after switching from another manufacturer six years ago.
Steve Whiting, Arighi Bianchi Distribution Centre Manager, commented: “We are extremely happy with DAF trucks, and have used them exclusively for the last six years as we have always found them to be reliable, cost effective on servicing, and hard-wearing vehicles.”
Having made its first deliveries in the 1850s with a horse-drawn cart, Steve also appreciates the appearance of his new DAF LF Aerobody trucks: “We think the new livery and aero-style body look great and help to take the image of our historic company in to the 21stCentury.”
The LF PACCAR Aerobody is available directly, ‘off-the-shelf’ from DAF as it is built at its Leyland Trucks plant in Lancashire, and now sold across all of Europe. It is designed to help reduce emissions and fuel consumption by having a set of fairings and side collars around the cab to improve airflow over the aerodynamic body that includes a rear diffuser. This makes it up to eight per cent more economical compared to a vehicle with a conventional body. It’s available with a choice of 7.5, 10 or 12 tonne bodies, three body lengths, the latest four or six-cylinder PACCAR PX-5 and PX-7 engines, plus a range of tail-lifts and accessories.
The new trucks are also the first Euro 6 trucks to join the Arighi Bianchi fleet.
“The advantage of the new Euro 6 models are that with the new European legislation coming in to force, we will be able to continue to offer our customers the service they expect from Arighi Bianchi in places like inner London and other cities that are looking to introduce ultra-low emission zones in the future,” said Steve Whiting.
Arighi Bianchi also has a long heritage with its local DAF dealer, AM Bell, who has serviced its vehicles for around 30 years. It delivered its first DAF to the company in 2005 and has subsequently replaced all its previous fleet with DAF LF 7.5t trucks, which have proved the perfect size and payload for deliveries to customers at residential addresses – near or far.
DAF’s marketing manager, Phil Moon added: “With such a strong history and passion for customer service, as a premium furniture retailer, we’re delighted Arighi Bianchi has chosen to make its fleet 100 per cent DAF and appreciates the environmental benefits that our latest Euro 6 Aerobody models offer.”
“We are proud that the DAF LF Aerobody is designed and built in the UK, and available as a ‘one-stop-shop’ – yet another example of the versatility of the DAF LF range,” he continued.
For more information on the new DAF Euro 6 range, designed for maximum efficiency, reliability and the highest driver comfort, please visit www.daf.eu/uk, call 01844 261111 or email reception@DAFTRUCKS.com.
Notes to editors:
- DAF Trucks UK is the market leader across all sectors in the UK, from 7.5 to 44 tonnes. The new Euro 6 LF, CF and XF Euro 6 trucks are designed to maximise profitability for operators and provide drivers with the best possible driving experience, supported by a nationwide network of 133 dealers across the UK (including two in the Channel Islands). DAF is a subsidiary of PACCAR – the global leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of light, medium and heavy trucks. www.daf.eu/uk
For further information please contact:
Martin Hayes/John Rawlings, Automotive PR t: +44 (0)20 7952 1070