Family Dollar Stores Goes Live with TradeStone Merchandise Lifecycle Management
100-Day Implementation Supports Leading Discount Retailer’s Aggressive Growth
Gloucester, Mass., September 7, 2011
- TradeStone Software, delivering Merchandise Lifecycle Management (MLM) solutions that unify the design, sourcing, ordering and delivery of private label and globally branded goods, today announced that leading discount retailer Family Dollar Stores has gone live with TradeStone’s Collaborative Sourcing and Supplier Community Management solutions in 100 days.
- Family Dollar is in an aggressive growth phase and global sourcing is one of the discounter’s top strategic initiatives – supporting their overall focus on continuing to provide their Customers with value-based products (price + quality). The company has also opened two overseas offices and having a system in place to manage sourcing, in a short time frame, was critical.
- TradeStone’s Merchandise Lifecycle Management solutions enabled the retailer to increase collaboration, not only internally among users with the additional visibility, but within their supplier community as well. The application has helped Family Dollar drive to a higher level of information, product specifications and objectives with their expanding Supplier base.
- Family Dollar was able to use TradeStone’s standardized integration templates to layer and leverage their existing technology investments including Oracle, SAP and Retek without having to go through a “rip and replace” effort.
- “In my years at Family Dollar, I don’t know of an application that’s been up as fast as we got TradeStone up and running,” said Scott Zucker, Vice President, IT Solutions, Family Dollar Stores.
- “We were impressed with TradeStone’s retail knowledge in the sales cycle – and that was even more apparent during implementation,” said Kevin Boyanowski, Senior Vice President, Global Sourcing, Family Dollar Stores. “Everything that had been promised, has been delivered and we look forward to what the next phase will bring.”
- “Family Dollar is going through an exciting growth period and we are proud to support their efforts,” said Sue Welch, CEO, TradeStone Software. “This rapid implementation is a testament to the strength of our partnership and we look forward facilitating Family Dollar’s efforts to deliver value to their customer community.”
About Family Dollar
For more than 50 years, Family Dollar has been providing value and convenience to customers in easy-to-shop neighborhood locations. Family Dollar’s mix of name brands, and quality, private brand merchandise, appeals to shoppers in more than 7,000 stores in rural and urban settings across 44 states. Helping families save on the items they need with everyday low prices creates a strong bond with customers who refer to their neighborhood store as “my Family Dollar.” Headquartered in Matthews, North Carolina, just outside of Charlotte, Family Dollar is a Fortune 300, publicly held company with common stock traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol FDO. For more information, please visit www.familydollar.com.
About TradeStone Software, Inc.
TradeStone Software helps retailers, brand manufacturers and suppliers increase market share and improve margins through the use of Merchandise Lifecycle Management solutions that unify the design, sourcing, ordering and delivery of their private label and branded goods. Organizations including American Eagle Outfitters, Belk, Boots, Family Dollar, Guitar Center, Kohl's, Le Chateau, Macy's, NBrown Catalog Company, Pacific Sunwear, Shoprite, Urban Outfitters and Wilkinson use TradeStone’s solutions to help them bring innovative and highly profitable products to market at record speeds.
TradeStone Software is headquartered in Gloucester, Mass., with offices in Atlanta, Bangalore, Hong Kong and London. More information can be found on the Web at www.tradestonesoftware.com.