BeA achieves additional accreditation
BeA, the manufacturer of fastening systems, tools and consumables, has added to its list of quality and safety accreditations.
The business, which specialises in meeting the needs of the furniture and bed production sector, is already certified to ISO 9001 standards and by the German TÜV.
Recently, it has complemented these certifications by becoming an accredited SafeContractor.
With more than 270 major clients and over 24,000 contractor members, SafeContractor is the UK's fastest growing health and safety assessment scheme.
To become an accredited SafeContractor, businesses must undergo a rigorous and independent audit process. This examines their health and safety procedures and their track record of safe practice.
Companies meeting the required high standards are then featured on a database accessible to registered client organisations.
This enables client organisations to vet the ability of potential contractors to comply with their own health and safety requirements before a contractor even sets foot on site.
Clients agree that, as users of the scheme, they will only engage contractors who have received accreditation.
Over 210 market leading businesses from several key sectors have signed up to use the scheme when selecting contractors for services such as building, cleaning, maintenance, refurbishment or electrical and mechanical work.
Commenting on BeA’s accreditation, John Mercer, managing director at the company, said: "As a business, BeA is committed to offering high quality products backed by the highest levels of service and support.
“Our efforts to become an accredited SafeContractor reflect this. We wanted to give customers immediate reassurance of the high levels of health and safety awareness amongst all our team and especially our field based service engineers and technical sales representatives.”
- ENDS -
Images: BeA John Mercer 2.jpg
Caption: A safe choice. BeA’s accreditation as a SafeContractor reflects a wider belief in quality and service explains MD, John Mercer (pictured).
For more information on this story, contact Wayne Leith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
* BeA is a global manufacturer of fastening technology for a wide range of industries including construction, furniture production, automotive, packaging, landscaping, bedding, transportation and many others.
* BeA’s products range from automated fastening systems for modern speed, high efficiency production lines to nail guns, nailers, heavy duty staplers, tackers, pinners, industrial screwdrivers and hot melt technology.
* The business also manufactures a wide range of accessories and consumables including screws, nails, staples, timber connectors, gas fuel cells and compressed air products.
* BeA was founded in Germany in 1910 and has its global headquarters in Ahrensburg. Its UK head office and distribution facilities are located in Woodmansey, East Yorkshire.
* For over 100 years, BeA has rigorously maintained a commitment to technical excellence and true precision German engineering. Its products are tried and tested in applications across the world where failure is not an option. The business is also accredited to ISO 9001 standard and certified by the German TÜV.
* More information on BeA and its extensive product range can be found at www.bea-group.com