BeA maintains commitment to furniture training provider
BeA is continuing to support a specialist provider of training for the furniture and bed production sector.
The business, which manufactures fastening tools and consumables employed throughout the industry, has recently made the latest in a series of ongoing product donations to WEBS Furniture Training.
Originally founded as a training association by a group of likeminded furniture and bed manufacturers in 1968, WEBS continues to play an important role in maintaining the sector’s skills base and in creating opportunities for its students.
Today, it offers government sponsored City & Guilds and PIABC approved Apprenticeship programmes for the furniture and associated industries. It enables students to gain vocational training and ‘real world’ experience in a range of areas - from wood machining and cabinet making to warehousing and business administration.
WEBS also helps to facilitate the recruitment process, making it easier for employers to access a concentrated pool of trained talent and for students to discover the latest job opportunities.
As part of its ongoing support of WEBS, which first began in 2007, BeA has recently re-tooled the training provider with a new and broader range of pneumatic staplers and tackers.
The tools will be used across a number of courses including frame making and upholstering.
Speaking of BeA’s continued support, John Mercer, managing director at the company, said: “BeA is a business with strong CSR policies and our support of WEBS reflects that.
“Not only does WEBS play a vital role in ensuring the long-term prosperity of the industry but it also helps students to take their first steps into a new career. With this in mind, we are only too pleased to offer WEBS our continued support.”
Sammy Jones, managing director at WEBS, adds: “Both the team and students at WEBS are very grateful for BeA’s generosity. By providing tools and materials, our corporate sponsors enable us to invest into other areas and resources which benefit students and ultimately the industry.”
- ENDS -
Images: BeA WEBS support.jpg
Caption: Training tools. Manufacturer of fastening tools and consumables, BeA is continuing to support WEBS Furniture Training with product donations.
For more information on this story, contact Wayne Leith at email@example.com
Notes to editors:
* BeA is a global manufacturer of fastening technology for a wide range of industries including construction, furniture production, automotive, packaging, landscaping, bedding, transportation and many others.
* BeA’s products range from automated fastening systems for modern speed, high efficiency production lines to nail guns, nailers, heavy duty staplers, tackers, pinners, industrial screwdrivers and hot melt technology.
* The business also manufactures a wide range of accessories and consumables including screws, nails, staples, timber connectors, gas fuel cells and compressed air products.
* BeA was founded in Germany in 1910 and has its global headquarters in Ahrensburg. Its UK head office and distribution facilities are located in Woodmansey, East Yorkshire.
* For over 100 years, BeA has rigorously maintained a commitment to technical excellence and true precision German engineering. Its products are tried and tested in applications across the world where failure is not an option. The business is also accredited to ISO 9001 standard and certified by the German TÜV.
* More information on BeA and its extensive product range can be found at www.bea-group.com