BeA service engineer retires after 33 years’ service
BeA, the German manufacturer of fastening technology, is bidding a fond farewell to a long-serving member of its team. Stuart Horan, a field-based service engineer, retired on the 31st March 2014 after an impressive 33 years working for the business.
Since 1980, Stuart has worked as part of a nationwide team supporting UK customers in the furniture production, fencing, pallet manufacturing and off-site construction industries.
With specific responsibility for North West England, he was involved in the provision of planned preventative maintenance on BeA’s pneumatic tools and automated fastening systems in order to help users maximise productivity and minimise downtime. He was also involved in delivering a highly responsive emergency repair service.
Prior to joining BeA at 36, Stuart worked for manufacturer of garage equipment, Kismet Dynaflex and also served in both the Royal Navy and the Merchant Navy.
Commenting on his retirement, Stuart said: “Leaving BeA will be a huge wrench and I’ll definitely miss the business and the good friends I’ve made both amongst colleagues and customers.
“I’ve always enjoyed going to work and the variety of dealing with different customers and different challenges every day. During my time, I’ve ‘grown up’ with many of these customers and seen many of them evolve. It’s been a real privilege to support them and in many respects, I’ve felt like a seamless extension of their own teams.”
He adds: “BeA has also been a fantastic business to work for over the last 33 years and it’s almost like being part of a family. I’m sure the company will continue to go from strength to strength.”
John Mercer, UK managing director at BeA, added: “It’s with mixed emotions that we say farewell to Stuart. We’re delighted for him on his retirement but are also sad to lose such a valued and outstanding member of our team.
“BeA and its tools are renowned for their reliability and Stuart has been instrumental in maintaining that global reputation. For the last 33 years, his hardworking nature, diligence and consummate professionalism has made him the archetypal BeA employee. His knowledge of our tools is second to none and he has also built strong relationships across our wide and varied customer base. He will be sorely missed both by our customers and by our own team.”
Stuart’s territory will be taken over by Antony Davies who joined BeA in February and who has been shadowing Stuart for the past six weeks in order to develop his knowledge of the business, its product range and its customers.
Previously, Antony worked for Airlink Systems - a leading supplier and installer of pneumatic tube systems for the secure transfer of cash, samples and documents - and also for fellow fastener and fastening tool manufacturer, Senco.
Stuart plans to spend his retirement enjoying time with his family and particularly his grandchildren as well as indulging his passion for tennis, mountain biking and walking.
- ENDS -
Image: BeA Stuart Horan retirement.jpg
Caption: End of an era. Manufacturer of fasteners and fastening tools, BeA has bid farewell to field-based service engineer, Stuart Horan who retires after 33 years with the business. Pictured: John Mercer, BeA’s UK managing director (left) and Stuart Horan, service engineer (right).
For more information on this story, contact Wayne Mohammed at email@example.com
Notes to editors:
* BeA is a global manufacturer of fastening technology for a wide range of industries including construction, furniture production, automotive, packaging, landscaping, bedding, transportation and many others.
* BeA’s products range from automated fastening systems for modern speed, high efficiency production lines to nail guns, nailers, heavy duty staplers, tackers, pinners, industrial screwdrivers and hot melt technology.
* The business also manufactures a wide range of accessories and consumables including screws, nails, staples, timber connectors, gas fuel cells and compressed air products.
* BeA was founded in Germany in 1910 and has its global headquarters in Ahrensburg. Its UK head office and distribution facilities are located in Woodmansey, East Yorkshire.
* For over 100 years, BeA has rigorously maintained a commitment to technical excellence and true precision German engineering. Its products are tried and tested in applications across the world where failure is not an option. The business is also accredited to ISO 9001 standard and certified by the German TÜV.
* More information on