Bond It boosts environmental credentials
Bond It has taken major steps to strengthen the environmental credentials of its products and its working practices.
The business, which manufactures sealants, adhesives, PU foams, waterproofing compounds and other building chemicals, has recently installed 542, state-of-the-art, solar panels on the roof of its West Yorkshire factory.
Combined, the 270 watt, high efficiency panels are capable of producing 146 kilowatts of energy. They will be used to meet a significant proportion of Bond It’s energy needs across its head office administration, warehousing and production operations.
The manufacturer estimates that over the course of 20 years, the panels will actually reduce its carbon footprint by an impressive 1171 tonnes.
Speaking of the investment, which is valued at over £150,000, Graham Helm, operations director at Bond It, said: “Bond It is a business which takes its environmental responsibilities seriously. Reflecting this, we have for some time performed within our ISO14001 environmental accreditation and the installation of the new solar panels will enhance these aspects and objectives further.”
He adds: “At a time when climate change and reducing carbon emissions continue to top the economic, social and political agenda, Bond It remains focused on doing just that.
“The reduced environmental impact of our products and operations also ensures we are better placed to meet the needs of customers at a time when many of us are looking to make more sustainable product choices.”
- ENDS -
Image: Bond It Solar Panels.jpg
Caption: Environmental investment. Building on its environmental credentials as an ISO14001 accredited business, Bond It has invested over £150,000 into solar panels at its West Yorkshire factory.
For more information on this story, contact Wayne Leith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
* With its head offices and production facilities located in West Yorkshire, Bond It is a leading manufacturer of sealants, adhesives, building chemicals, waterproofing products, roofing compounds, polyurethanes, adhesive tapes and ceramic tile adhesives.
* Operating to ISO 9001 quality standards, the business supplies an extensive range of technically advanced, high quality products to builders’ merchants, DIY outlets, retailers and specifiers across the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
* To help customers stay abreast of changing marketing conditions and demands, Bond It has a strong commitment to product development and continues to invest heavily into R&D whilst simultaneously drawing on many decades of technical experience and expertise.
* In August 2014, Bond It entered into a joint venture agreement with Astral Polytechnik - one of India's fastest growing manufacturers of pipes and piping systems. The new partnership will enable Bond It to accelarate aggressive and ambitious plans for further global expansion.
* More information on Bond It and its range can be found at www.bond-it.co.uk