Bond It employee overcomes disability for charity fundraiser
A member of staff at Bond It is set to go the extra mile in aid of a worthwhile cause.
Jeremy Helm, who works in the warehouse administration office for the manufacturer of sealants, adhesives and other building chemicals is set to take on his first ever marathon on the 4th October 2015.
He is aiming to complete the 26.2 mile course of the Chester Marathon despite being affected by a number of psychical and mental disabilities since childhood.
Jeremy is running the marathon in support of Different Strokes. This charity helps younger stroke survivors to optimise their recovery by offering rehabilitative services, information and advice. It is run by stroke survivors for stroke survivors.
Jeremy is backing this particular charity because it focuses on a cause close to his own and his family's heart. At the age of just four, Jeremy suffered a haemorrhagic stroke with life changing consequences.
After many months in hospital and a tough and gruelling programme of physio, hydro and speech therapy, he has regained his speech and the ability to walk.
However, now 31 years old, he is still affected by many of the physical and mental disabilities that are commonly associated with stroke survivors. This includes right-sided hemiplegia, epilepsy, depression, concentration/memory loss and fatigue.
Commenting on his pending charity endeavour, Jeremy said: "Running has long been a major passion in my life and I have previously represented Yorkshire as a disabled athlete. I'm also a longstanding member of Holmfirth Harriers Athletics Club.
"This is the first time I've run a marathon however. I'm looking forward to the race with a mix of anticipation and excitement. It's going to be great to be able raise not only funds for Different Strokes but also awareness of the issues and effects of head injuries."
Jeremy is already being widely sponsored by the team at Bond It but, in order to raise as much money as possible for his chosen charity, is continuing to look for additional donations and support.
Those looking to learn more about his story or to make a pledge can do so via his Just Giving page - https://www.justgiving.com/JEREMY-HELM/?utm_id=37
More information on Different Strokes can be found at: http://www.differentstrokes.co.uk/
- ENDS -
Image: Bond It Jeremy Helm.jpg
Caption: Marathon effort. Bond It employee Jeremy Helm is overcoming physical and mental disabilities to run the Chester Marathon in aid of charity.
For more information on this story, contact Wayne Leith at email@example.com
Notes to editors:
* With its head offices and production facilities located in West Yorkshire, Bond It is a leading manufacturer of sealants, adhesives, building chemicals, waterproofing products, roofing compounds, polyurethanes, adhesive tapes and ceramic tile adhesives.
* Operating to ISO 9001 quality standards, the business supplies an extensive range of technically advanced, high quality products to builders’ merchants, DIY outlets, retailers and specifiers across the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
* To help customers stay abreast of changing marketing conditions and demands, Bond It has a strong commitment to product development and continues to invest heavily into R&D whilst simultaneously drawing on many decades of technical experience and expertise.
* In August 2014, Bond It entered into a joint venture agreement with Astral Polytechnik - one of India's fastest growing manufacturers of pipes and piping systems. The new partnership will enable Bond It to accelarate aggressive and ambitious plans for further global expansion.
* More information on Bond It and its range can be found at www.bond-it.co.uk