Bond It invests £1/2 million into additional production capabilities
To help facilitate its on-going success and expansion, Bond It has made two six figure investments with a total value of almost £1/2 million into its production capabilities.
The business - which manufactures sealants, adhesives, tiling products, waterproofing compounds and other building chemicals - has invested £250,000 into a new silicone and hybrid compounding plant as well as a further £200,000 into an additional high speed, high efficiency cartridge filling, packing and labelling plant.
Both investments have taken place at the company’s main production and head office site in Elland, West Yorkshire. They will enable Bond It to increase overall production volumes whilst delivering major benefits in areas such as continuity and responsiveness of supply.
Commenting, David Moore, managing director at Bond It, explains: “Thanks to a commitment to offering high quality, technically innovative products at competitive prices and backed by good customer service, Bond has become one of the UK’s fastest growing manufacturers of sealants, adhesives and other similar products for the building trade.
“The recent investments into our new silicone compounding plant and an additional cartridge filling, packing and labelling line will support that success and ensure our production infrastructure keeps pace with growing demand.
“The latest investments will also deliver significant commercial advantages both for Bond It as a business and for the rapidly expanding customer base we serve.”
Specifically, Bond It will now be able to compound silicones in-house from base raw materials rather than adopting the more widespread practice of buying and repacking pre-manufactured product from large chemical companies, frequently located overseas.
As well as streamlining supply chains and expediting the speed with which new product can be made available, this ‘all in-house’ capability gives Bond It greater control across every stage of the production process. It will enable the company to offer customers increased quality assurances and product traceability in keeping with its status as ISO 9001:2008 accredited business.
The investment of £200,000 into a filling, packing and labelling plant follows a previous investment of £1/4 million into a similar plant in Q2 2014. Like the earlier investment, the new plant is state-of-the-art and fully automated.
Both the new filling, packing and labelling plants and the new silicone compounding plant will be used in the manufacturing of some of Bond It’s bestselling products. This includes GB PRO – a super high strength adhesive and sealant - and The Gist – a highly versatile, highly popular, multi-purpose sealant available in five different colours.
Concluding, David Moore adds: “Bond It has ambitious plans for the future and the latest investments will play an important part in that. Further investments will take place over the coming months as we seek to build on our success, not just in the UK but on a truly global scale.”
- ENDS -
Image: Bond It New Compounding Plant.jpg
Caption: Best of British manufacturing. Bond It has boosted production capabilities at its West Yorkshire factory with a number of six figure investments.
For more information on this story, contact Wayne Leith at email@example.com
Notes to editors:
* With its head offices and production facilities located in West Yorkshire, Bond It is a leading manufacturer of sealants, adhesives, building chemicals, waterproofing products, roofing compounds, polyurethanes, adhesive tapes and ceramic tile adhesives.
* Operating to ISO 9001 quality standards, the business supplies an extensive range of technically advanced, high quality products to builders’ merchants, DIY outlets, retailers and specifiers across the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
* To help customers stay abreast of changing marketing conditions and demands, Bond It has a strong commitment to product development and continues to invest heavily into R&D whilst simultaneously drawing on many decades of technical experience and expertise.
* In August 2014, Bond It entered into a joint venture agreement with Astral Polytechnik - one of India's fastest growing manufacturers of pipes and piping systems. The new partnership will enable Bond It to accelarate aggressive and ambitious plans for further global expansion.
* More information on Bond It and its range can be found at www.bond-it.co.uk