Bond It launches advanced hybrid range
Manufacturer of building chemicals, Bond It is breaking new ground in sealant and adhesive performance.
The business has recently launched a new range of products based on advanced hybrid technology. The new products, which will be sold under the manufacturer’s PRO brand, offer users ‘best of both worlds’ solutions to a wide variety of trade and DIY needs.
Kirstie Cooper, marketing manager at Bond It, explains: “Sealants tend to be manufactured using one of two base materials – silicone or polyurethane. Both materials have their advantages but similarly both also have their disadvantages.
“By making significant and sustained investments into the relevant research and manufacturing facilities, Bond It has become a leading force in the development of a new generation of hybrid products. As the term ‘hybrid’ suggests, these products combine the benefits of silicone and polyurethane sealants with none of either material’s associated drawbacks.”
Like a silicone sealant, Bond It’s new hybrid products cure rapidly, are non-bubbling, are free from solvents and isocyanates, can be applied at low temperatures and offer good UV resistance.
Like a polyurethane sealant, they are also tear resistant and easily painted, even with water-based paint.
The new PRO products build on the success of Bond It’s existing hybrid sealant and adhesive – GB PRO. This ‘all-in-one’ product has become an immensely popular choice thanks to its versatility, bond strength and speed of curing.
Four new PRO products are now available. Each product features a different formulation which has been specifically tailored to deliver enhanced performance characteristics that are ideally suited to different applications. The new products are:
POWER PRO. The ultimate power adhesive in a cartridge. Offers up to four times the grab of other grab adhesive and can eliminate the need for additional mechanical support. Also delivers an excellent, longer lasting bond and remains permanently flexible ensuring movement will not compromise bond strength.
WOOD PRO. Designed for fixing all types of wooden floors directly onto all common substrates eliminating the need for battens. Moisture and solvent-free composition reduces the risk of wood flooring warping, curling and deforming. WOOD PRO is also permanently flexible enabling it to compensate for subfloor movement and making it suitable for use with underfloor heating systems.
ASTRO PRO. A specialist solution for bonding artificial grass surfaces to a variety of substrates or jointing tapes. Offers excellent bonding properties even on wet surfaces. Cures rapidly even at low temperatures and once cured is fully resistant to all climatic conditions.
MIRROR PRO. Specifically formulated for use on mirrors, glass and ceramics as well as for hot, humid environments. Offers good resistance to mould and mildew growth, will stick to damp surfaces and is non-corrosive so will not attack mirror backings. Rapid curing and is tack free in 10 minutes.
To help stockists maximise the opportunities offered by the new PRO range, Bond It is supporting the launch with extensive marketing activity including an advertising campaign which promotes the advantages of hybrid technology as well as the fact that the products are made entirely in the UK.
It is also offering access to comprehensive merchandising and POS materials including DVDs, floor stands, shelf edges and a presentation boxes.
Concluding Kirstie Cooper adds: “The launch of our new PRO products represents an exciting new development for Bond It, for our stockists and for the trade and DIY customers they serve. Hybrid technology has the potential to deliver a step change in sealant and adhesive performance and Bond It is proud to be at the forefront in making the benefits as widely available as possible.”
- ENDS -
Image: Bond It new GB Pro range.jpg
Bond It new PRO range and presentation box.jpg
Caption: Delivering the best of both worlds. Bond It has launched a new range of hybrid products which combine the benefits of both silicone and polyurethane adhesives.
For more information on this story, contact Wayne Leith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
* With its head offices and production facilities located in West Yorkshire, Bond It is a leading manufacturer of sealants, adhesives, building chemicals, waterproofing products, roofing compounds, polyurethanes, adhesive tapes and ceramic tile adhesives.
* Operating to ISO 9001 quality standards, the business supplies an extensive range of technically advanced, high quality products to builders’ merchants, DIY outlets, retailers and specifiers across the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
* To help customers stay abreast of changing marketing conditions and demands, Bond It has a strong commitment to product development and continues to invest heavily into R&D whilst simultaneously drawing on many decades of technical experience and expertise.
* In August 2014, Bond It entered into a joint venture agreement with Astral Polytechnik - one of India's fastest growing manufacturers of pipes and piping systems. The new partnership will enable Bond It to accelarate aggressive and ambitious plans for further global expansion.
* More information on Bond It and its range can be found at www.bond-it.co.uk