Bond It shoots for charity goal
Staff from Bond It have helped to raise money for a worthy cause.
A team drawn from across the manufacturer of sealants, adhesives and building chemicals recently took part in a five-a-side football tournament for Bond It's chosen charity, Overgate Hospice.
Located in Elland, West Yorkshire, close to Bond It's head office and main manufacturing site, Overgate Hospice provides specialist palliative care to adults suffering from progressive, life-limiting illnesses.
To ensure its care is as widely accessible as possible, the hospice - which celebrates its 35th anniversary in 2016 - delivers its service free of charge.
It is funded largely by the local community with some additional support from the NHS.
In total, 15 teams from locally based businesses took part in the three hour tournament.
The Bond It team finished second overall. They lost in the final to RSA Insurance who took away the Overgate Hospice Trophy.
Speaking of the company’s support, Graham Helm, operations director at Bond It, said: "Bond It has been an on-going supporter of Overgate Hospice for a number of years and our participation in the charity football tournament continues that relationship. This reflects a strong belief in corporate social responsibility which is all part and parcel of Bond It’s wider quality focused approach.”
Claire Bradley, community fundraiser at Overgate Hospice, added: "We're delighted this year's five-a-side football tournament was so well supported, attracting the highest number of teams to date.
"Collectively, the players, their supporters and their sponsors helped to raise over £1,000 for Overgate Hospice. This will be used towards our running costs, ultimately helping to keep the hospice open.
"On behalf of the Overgate team, our clients and their families, I'd like to thank everyone involved."
For more information on Overgate Hospice, visit www.overgatehospice.org.uk
For more information on this story, contact Wayne Leith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
* With its head offices and production facilities located in West Yorkshire, Bond It is a leading manufacturer of sealants, adhesives, building chemicals, waterproofing products, roofing compounds, polyurethanes, adhesive tapes and ceramic tile adhesives.
* Operating to ISO 9001 quality standards, the business supplies an extensive range of technically advanced, high quality products to builders’ merchants, DIY outlets, retailers and specifiers across the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
* To help customers stay abreast of changing marketing conditions and demands, Bond It has a strong commitment to product development and continues to invest heavily into R&D whilst simultaneously drawing on many decades of technical experience and expertise.
* In August 2014, Bond It entered into a joint venture agreement with Astral Polytechnik - one of India's fastest growing manufacturers of pipes and piping systems. The new partnership will enable Bond It to accelarate aggressive and ambitious plans for further global expansion.
* More information on Bond It and its range can be found at www.bond-it.co.uk