Veidekke to build Nye Nidarøhallen
Veidekke Entreprenør has today been awarded the contract by Trondheim Spektrum to build Trondheim's new sports hall at Nidarø. This will be a multi-purpose hall with room for everything from local grass roots sports to major championships, trade fairs and concerts. The value of the contract is NOK 317 million excluding VAT.
"We are proud and pleased with the confidence Trondheim Spektrum has shown in us. It is an honour for Veidekke to be allowed to erect such an important building for Trondheim and Trøndelag. As most are aware, it has been a lengthy process with a lot of uncertainty from the time we won the tender in July 2016, but now we are looking ahead and look forward to getting started," says district manager Ståle Brovold.
Nye Nidarøhallen will include a top modern event hall where the current hall A now stands, a new office building for the administration of Trondheim Spektrum, conference and meeting premises, VIP areas and a new attractive entrance facing Nidareid bridge. The project also entails a major boost for outdoor areas in the vicinity and entails an overhaul of pedestrian and bicycle paths, facilitation for audience access and more green spaces.
The building will be used for the following purposes:
- Grass roots sports hall with 4 pitch surfaces
- Concerts with space for an audience of 12,000
- Handball European Championships in 2020
- Trade fairs such as Nor-Fishing, Aqua Nord, Starmus, Classic Car show, etc.
- The project has been developed in partnership with Trondheim Spektrum and all of our partners. "The project group has collaborated closely with user and the client since the autumn of 2016, and together we have arrived at what will be a great hall that Trondheim's population and the sports teams will enjoy in the years to come," Brovold concludes.
Construction work starts in September and is due for completion during the autumn of 2019.
For press photos, see www.flickr.com/photos/veidekke, for more information contact:
Head of department Torgeir Wiig, tel. +47 95 02 07 30, firstname.lastname@example.org
District manager Ståle Brovold, tel. +47 90 77 28 19, email@example.com
Kommunikasjonssjef Helge Dieset, tel. +47 90 55 33 22, firstname.lastname@example.org
Veidekke is one of Scandinavia's largest construction and property development companies. The company undertakes all types of building and construction contracts, maintains roads and produces asphalt and aggregates. The company's operations are characterised by involvement and local knowledge. Revenue is NOK 30 billion (2016), and half of the 7,400 employees own shares in the company. Veidekke is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange and has always posted a profit since it was founded in 1936.