Interim report January – June 2019: High growth and good profitability
- Sales amounted to SEK 381 (283) million, corresponding to an increase of 34 percent in SEK. Sales increased by 29 percent in local currency whereof 18 percent comprised organic growth.
- Operating income before depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 146 (116) million, corresponding to a margin of 38 (41) percent. Fluctuations in exchange rates positively impacted EBITDA by SEK 7 million.
- Net income amounted to SEK 95 (80) million, which gave earnings per share of SEK 0.87 (0.73).
- Acquisition and collaboration agreement regarding technology for embryo assessment using artificial intelligence. The initial purchase price amounted to SEK 56 million.
- Acquisition of the business of Parallabs Ltd. The initial purchase price amounted to SEK 24 million.
First half year:
- Sales amounted to SEK 693 (547) million, corresponding to an increase of 27 percent in SEK. Sales increased by 20 percent in local currency whereof 11 percent comprised organic growth.
- Operating income before depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 273 (222) million, corresponding to a margin of 39 (41) percent. Fluctuations in exchange rates positively impacted EBITDA by SEK 21 million.
- Net income amounted to SEK 181 (151) million, which gave earnings per share of SEK 1.66 (1.39).
July 12, 2019
VITROLIFE AB (publ)
Thomas Axelsson, CEO
Queries should be addressed to:
Thomas Axelsson, CEO, tel 46 31 721 80 01
Mikael Engblom, CFO, tel 46 31 721 80 14
This information is information that Vitrolife AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 8.30 am CET on July 12, 2019.
This is a translation of the Swedish version of the press release. When in doubt, the Swedish wording prevails.
Vitrolife is an international medical device Group. Vitrolife develops, produces and markets medical devices for assisted reproduction.
Vitrolife has approximately 390 employees and the company's products are sold in about 110 markets. The company is headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, and there are also offices in Australia, Belgium, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, United Kingdom and USA. The Vitrolife share is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm.
Vitrolife AB (publ), Box 9080, SE-400 92 Göteborg, Sweden. Corporate identity number 556354-3452. Tel: 46 31 721 80 00. Fax: 46 31 721 80 99. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.vitrolife.com/