Interim report January – June 2020: Extensive impact of covid-19
- Sales amounted to SEK 209 (381) million, corresponding to a decrease of 45 percent in SEK. Sales decreased by 45 percent in local currency. Sales were negatively impacted by a decrease in demand due to covid-19. Demand was significantly higher at the end of the quarter compared to the beginning of the quarter.
- Operating income before depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 40 (146) million, corresponding to a margin of 19 (38) percent. Fluctuations in exchange rates negatively impacted EBITDA by SEK 4 million.
- Net income amounted to SEK 12 (95) million, which gave earnings per share of SEK 0.11 (0.87).
- At the Annual General Meeting, a resolution was adopted that no dividend would be paid for the financial year 2019, in accordance with the Board’s proposal.
First half year
- Sales amounted to SEK 543 (693) million, corresponding to a decrease of 22 percent in SEK. Sales increased by 22 percent in local currency.
- Operating income before depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 156 (273) million, corresponding to a margin of 29 (39) percent. Fluctuations in exchange rates positively impacted EBITDA by SEK 6 million.
- Net income amounted to SEK 92 (181) million, which gave earnings per share of SEK 0.84 (1.66).
Gothenburg, July 13, 2020
VITROLIFE AB (publ)
Thomas Axelsson, CEO
Queries should be addressed to:
Thomas Axelsson, CEO, tel 46 31 721 80 01
Mikael Engblom, CFO, tel 46 31 721 80 14
This information is information that Vitrolife AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 8.00 am CET on July 13, 2020.
This is a translation of the Swedish version of the press release. When in doubt, the Swedish wording prevails.
Vitrolife is an international medical device Group. Vitrolife develops, produces and markets medical devices for assisted reproduction.
Vitrolife has approximately 400 employees and the company's products are sold in about 110 markets. The company is headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, and there are also offices in Australia, Belgium, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, United Kingdom and USA. The Vitrolife share is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm.
Vitrolife AB (publ), Box 9080, SE-400 92 Göteborg, Sweden. Corporate identity number 556354-3452. Tel: 46 31 721 80 00. Fax: 46 31 721 80 99. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.vitrolife.com/