Interim report January – March 2019: High profitability and new business unit
· Sales amounted to SEK 312 (264) million, corresponding to an increase of 18 percent in SEK. Sales increased by 12 percent in local currency whereof 4 percent comprised organic growth.
· Operating income before depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 126 (106) million, corresponding to a margin of 40 (40) percent. Fluctuations in exchange rates positively impacted EBITDA by SEK 14 million.
· Net income amounted to SEK 86 (72) million, which gave earnings per share of SEK 0.79 (0.66).
· Market approval for EmbryoScope+ in China.
After the end of the period:
· Acquisition and collaboration agreement regarding technology for embryo assessment using artificial intelligence. The initial purchase price in connection with the transfer amounted to USD 6 million.
April 23, 2019
VITROLIFE AB (publ)
Thomas Axelsson, CEO
Queries should be addressed to:
Thomas Axelsson, CEO, tel 46 31 721 80 01
Mikael Engblom, CFO, tel 46 31 721 80 14
This information is information that Vitrolife AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 8.30 am CET on April 23, 2019.
This is a translation of the Swedish version of the press release. When in doubt, the Swedish wording prevails.
Vitrolife is an international medical device Group. Vitrolife develops, produces and markets medical devices for assisted reproduction.
Vitrolife has approximately 390 employees and the company's products are sold in about 110 markets. The company is headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, and there are also offices in Australia, Belgium, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, United Kingdom and USA. The Vitrolife share is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm.
Vitrolife AB (publ), Box 9080, SE-400 92 Göteborg, Sweden. Corporate identity number 556354-3452. Tel: 46 31 721 80 00. Fax: 46 31 721 80 99. E-mail: email@example.com. Website: www.vitrolife.com/