Report on Operations 2018: High profitability and good organic growth
- Sales amounted to SEK 320 (271) million, corresponding to an increase of 18 percent in SEK. Sales increased by 12 percent in local currency and consisted of organic growth.
- Operating income before depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 135 (103) million, corresponding to a margin of 42 (38) percent. Fluctuations in exchange rates positively impacted EBITDA by SEK 11 million.
- Net income amounted to SEK 84 (69) million, which gave earnings per share of SEK 0.77 (0.63).
- Licensing and commercialisation agreement with Illumina Inc., regarding preimplantation genetic testing. Under the agreement, Vitrolife has made a one-time payment to Illumina of USD 13 million.
- Impairment of licensing rights for technology for embryo transfer to the tune of SEK 17 million as a result of changed launch plan.
Whole year 2018
- Sales amounted to SEK 1 151 (1 046) million, corresponding to an increase of 10 percent in SEK. Sales growth was 5 percent in local currency and consisted of organic growth.
- Operating income before depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 479 (408) million, corresponding to a margin of 42 (39) percent. Fluctuations in exchange rates positively impacted EBITDA by SEK 33 million.
- Net income amounted to SEK 311 (265) million, which gave earnings per share of SEK 2.85 (2.43).
After the end of the period
- The Board proposes a dividend of SEK 92 (80) million, corresponding to SEK 0.85 (0.74) per share, where the figure for the previous year has been recalculated due to the 5:1 split that was carried out in 2018.
Gothenburg, February 8, 2019 VITROLIFE AB (publ)
Thomas Axelsson, CEO
Queries should be addressed to:
Thomas Axelsson, CEO, tel 46 31 721 80 01
Mikael Engblom, CFO, tel 46 31 721 80 14
This information is information that Vitrolife AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 8.30 am CET on February 8, 2019.
This is a translation of the Swedish version of the press release. When in doubt, the Swedish wording prevails.
Vitrolife is an international medical device Group. Vitrolife develops, produces and markets medical devices for assisted reproduction.
Vitrolife has approximately 390 employees and the company's products are sold in about 110 markets. The company is headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, and there are also offices in Australia, Belgium, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, United Kingdom and USA. The Vitrolife share is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm.
Vitrolife AB (publ), Box 9080, SE-400 92 Göteborg, Sweden. Corporate identity number 556354-3452. Tel: 46 31 721 80 00. Fax: 46 31 721 80 99. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.vitrolife.com/