Holidaying abroad? Keep up with the Swedish news on your mobile phone.
Vodafone Sweden to offer GPRS in more countries Holidaying abroad? Keep up with the Swedish news on your mobile phone. Vodafone Sweden is to expand the number of European countries in which its customers can use Vodafone's GPRS network. Since the spring, Vodafone Sweden's customers have had simple and convenient access to e- mail and WAP services in the UK, Germany and Italy. From 19 July, this list will also include holiday countries, Spain and Portugal. "We are working continuously on producing global offerings for our customers, and it is particularly pleasing during the holiday season to be able to offer GPRS services in more countries. The mobile phone is an excellent tool for keeping up to date with the latest news at home, particularly via the WAP portals of daily newspapers," says Jon Risfelt, President and CEO at Vodafone in Sweden. As a means of communication, the mobile phone has also begun to replace the writing of postcards by Swedes on holiday. Last spring, Vodafone Sweden became the world's first operator to offer its customers the GPRS service, Notera, which allows customers with Sony Ericsson's Chatpen and Anoto's digital paper to send hand-written messages via their mobile phone in the form of SMS or e-mail. "GPRS facilitates communication for both entrepreneurs and private individuals on their trips abroad. It is essential for people on business travels to access their e-mail quickly and easily for communication purposes. For private individuals, who perhaps would like to forget work for a while, the mobile phone can serve as both a source of news updates and a means to communicate with friends and relatives at home," says Jon Risfelt. For more information, please contact: Rikard Svensson, Product Manager, Data Services, Vodafone Sweden Tel: +46 708 33 13 82, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Europolitan Holdings AB is listed on Attract 40 on the Stockholm Stock Exchange's O list. Vodafone Group is represented in Sweden by Europolitan Holdings AB and its subsidiaries, Vodafone Sverige AB and Vodafone Stores AB. The majority shareholder is Vodafone Group Plc, which owns 71 per cent of the shares, while private shareholders, investment companies and pension funds own the remaining 29 per cent. Vodafone Group is the world's largest mobile network and is represented in 28 countries on 5 continents. It has more than 229 million mobile telecom users. Our services enhance the efficiency of companies' operations and simplify and enrich people's daily lives. Read more at www.vodafone.se and www.vodafone.com. ------------------------------------------------------------ This information was brought to you by Waymaker http://www.waymaker.net The following files are available for download: http://www.waymaker.net/bitonline/2002/07/19/20020719BIT00150/wkr0001.doc http://www.waymaker.net/bitonline/2002/07/19/20020719BIT00150/wkr0002.pdf