Vodafone and Hi3G agree national roaming framework

Vodafone and Hi3G agree national roaming framework Vodafone and Hi3G signed a letter of intent today to conclude negotiations concerning access to Vodafone's GSM network in Sweden, otherwise known as 'national roaming'. National roaming will allow Hi3G's customers to use Vodafone's GSM network in areas where Hi3G lacks coverage. "We have agreed on the overall plan for the agreement," says Jon Risfelt, Vodafone's President and CEO in Sweden. "I am delighted that we have been able to reach this agreement through commercial negotiations." "We have succeeded in reaching this letter of intent on our own without the involvement of a third party, and this amply illustrates our joint willingness to solve some of the major issues faced by our industry," says Chris Bannister, Managing Director of Hi3G. Vodafone and Hi3G will commence negotiations as soon as possible. Both parties have agreed that a final version of the agreement should be ready no later than this summer. For more information, please contact: Jon Risfelt, President and CEO, Vodafone Tel: +46 708 33 10 01, e-mail: jon.risfelt@vodafone.se Niclas Lilja, Director Communications, Hi3G Tel: +46 733 55 70 90, e-mail: niclas.lilja@hi3gaccess.se Vodafone is the world's largest mobile network and is represented in 28 countries on 5 continents. It has more than 225 million mobile telecoms users. Our services enhance the efficiency of companies' operations and make it simpler and more fun for people to communicate. Vodafone is represented in Sweden by Europolitan Holdings AB and its subsidiaries, Vodafone Sverige AB and Vodafone Stores AB. Europolitan Holdings AB is listed on Attract 40 on the Stockholm Stock Exchange's O list. The majority shareholder is Vodafone Group Plc, which owns 71 per cent of the shares, while private shareholders, investment companies and pension funds own the remaining 29 per cent. Read more at www.vodafone.se and www.vodafone.com. ------------------------------------------------------------ This information was brought to you by Waymaker http://www.waymaker.net The following files are available for download: http://www.waymaker.net/bitonline/2002/06/05/20020605BIT00680/wkr0001.doc http://www.waymaker.net/bitonline/2002/06/05/20020605BIT00680/wkr0002.pdf