Vodafone Sweden concludes major deal with Skanska

Vodafone Sweden concludes major deal with Skanska Skanska AB has chosen Vodafone Sweden as its new supplier of mobile telephony. The two-year agreement covers some 8,500 subscriptions and means that Skanska will be replacing its fixed telephony with Vodafone's concept, the Wireless Office, at a number of its offices. All mobile employees at Skanska will be able to call fellow colleagues using speed-dial numbers, regardless of whether they are calling a fixed or mobile telephone. In addition, Skanska will have access to 15,000 telephone numbers in a continuous number series. "We are delighted to have been entrusted with this assignment by Skanska, Sweden 's largest construction company. Our corporate solutions are very flexible and are ideal for both large companies like Skanska as well as small and medium-sized businesses. For the customers, these entail technical as well as financial advantages, which is important for a company like Skanska, which has employees both in its offices and out in the field," says Jon Risfelt, President and CEO of Vodafone in Sweden. "Vodafone has presented an excellent solution. We will have access to a number of different services that are ideally suited to the mobile environment in which we operate," says Gunnar Jürss., Purchasing Manager at Skanska Sverige AB. "This will give us cost-efficient telephony with high mobility." For more information, please contact: SKANSKA Gunnar Jürss, Purchasing Manager, Skanska Sverige AB Tel: +46 8 504 357 33, e-mail: gunnar.jurss@skanska.se VODAFONE Anders Sjöholm, Commercial Director, Corporate and Telematics, Vodafone Sverige AB Tel: +46 708 33 10 22, e-mail: anders.sjoholm@vodafone.se Johan Holmgren, Director of Public Relations, Vodafone Sverige AB Tel.: +46 708 33 14 00, e-mail: johan.holmgren@vodafone.se Europolitan Holdings AB is listed on Attract 40 on the Stockholm Stock Exchange's O list. Vodafone is represented in Sweden by Europolitan Holdings AB and its subsidiaries, Vodafone Sverige AB and Vodafone Stores AB. The majority shareholder is Vodafone Group Plc, which owns 71 per cent of the shares, while private shareholders, investment companies and pension funds own the remaining 29 per cent. The Vodafone Group is the world's largest mobile network and is represented in 28 countries on 5 continents. It has more than 229 million mobile telecoms users. Our services enhance the efficiency of companies' operations and make it simpler and more fun for people to communicate. Read more at www.vodafone.se and www.vodafone.com. ------------------------------------------------------------ This information was brought to you by Waymaker http://www.waymaker.net The following files are available for download: http://www.waymaker.net/bitonline/2002/06/26/20020626BIT00430/wkr0001.doc http://www.waymaker.net/bitonline/2002/06/26/20020626BIT00430/wkr0002.pdf