Interim report Q1, January-March 2012
• Net sales for the first quarter amounted to SEK 1,084m (1,043). Operating profit was SEK 6m (77).
• Underlying net sales growth for the Group was –1.8 per cent. The decrease is mainly due to weak market conditions.
• Items affecting comparability amounted to SEK –53m (–9). They were mainly related to a non-cash cost connected to the divestment of the distribution business in Belgium and to costs arising from a factory closure in Denmark.
• Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 117m (140) despite a substantial decrease in operating profit.
• Underlying EBITA, excluding items affecting comparability and changes in exchange rates, amounted to SEK 50m (74). The decrease is mainly due to higher raw material costs that have not yet been fully compensated by price increases.
• The merger between Cloetta and LEAF was successfully completed on 16 February 2012. The integration process is proceeding according to plan.
• In April the rights issue was fully subscribed and the vendor loan note was repaid.
For further information contact
Jacob Broberg, Senior Vice President Corporate Communications and Investor Relations, +46 70-190 00 33
Danko Maras, Chief Financial Officer, +46 8-52 72 88 08
Cloetta, founded in 1862, is a leading confectionary company in the Nordic region, the Netherlands and Italy. In total, Cloetta products are sold in more than 50 countries worldwide. Cloetta owns some of the strongest brands on the market, such as Läkerol, Cloetta, Jenkki, Kexchoklad, Malaco, Sportlife, Saila, Red Band and Sperlari. Cloetta has 12 production units in six countries. Cloetta´s class B shares are traded on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm.