Interim report Q2, April – June 2017
• Net sales for the quarter increased by 15.8 per cent to SEK 1,414m (1,221) including a positive impact from foreign exchange rates of 3.1 per cent.
• Operating profit amounted to SEK 90m (148). Profit for the period amounted to SEK –329m (77). Operating profit, adjusted for items affecting comparability, amounted to SEK 115m (156).
• Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 117m (114).
• Net debt/EBITDA ratio was 2.77x (2.82).
• On 28 April 2017, Cloetta completed the acquisition of Candyking Holding AB and its subsidiaries.
• On 6 July 2017, Cloetta signed an agreement to sell Cloetta Italia S.r.l. to Katjes International GmbH.
This information constituted before the publication inside information and is such that Cloetta AB (publ) is required to disclose pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted, by the below contact person, for publication on 13 July, 2017 at 8:00 am CET.
Jacob Broberg, SVP Corporate Communications & Investor Relations, 46 70 190 00 33.
Cloetta, founded in 1862, is a leading confectionary company in the Nordic region, the Netherlands, and Italy. In total, Cloetta products are sold in more than 50 countries worldwide. Cloetta owns some of the strongest brands on the market, such as Läkerol, Cloetta, Candyking, Jenkki, Kexchoklad, Malaco, Sportlife, Saila, Red Band and Sperlari. Cloetta has 12 production units in six countries. Cloetta’s class B-shares are traded on Nasdaq Stockholm. More information about Cloetta is available on www.cloetta.com