TORONTO, Canada, March 6, 2012 – Hollywood Suite and co-sponsor Kernels Popcorn announced today the finalists for The True Movie Lover Video Contest. The contest provided movie lovers across the country the opportunity to re-enact their favourite movie moments, mimic their favourite actor, or give a synopsis of their favourite movie.
After two weeks of public voting, and one and a half week’s left until the one winner is announced, the top five finalists are:
· Jason Donovan and Jeff Higgins’ re-enactment of “Ghostbusters”
· Rodrigo Fernandez Stoll’s “Princess Bride” impression
· Darik Maurice’s Keanu Reeves impressions
· Annie LaPlante’s take on “Ground Hog Day”
· Isaac Kessler’s version of “2001: A Space Odyssey”
The voting public gets to select the ultimate winner. Voting stays open until March 18th at http://hollywoodsuite.ca/contest and the winning video will be announced on March 19th. Prizing throughout the contest is supplied by sponsors:
· Marlon Durrant Bespoke Tailor
· Smashbox Cosmetics
· Fashion designer Lucian Matis
· Kernels Popcorn
The True Movie Lover Video Contest winner will get to meet and work with the Hollywood Suite programming department to curate a day of their favourite movies for broadcast on Hollywood Suite’s four HD movie TV channels: WarnerFilms, MGM channel, Hollywood Storm and Hollywood Festival.
Working with advertising agency Wunderkind, entries were solicited in December 2011 and the top twenty videos presented to a panel of influential judges who selected ten finalists. The panel consisted of:
· Alexandra Heilbron - Website Editor, Tribute
· Charlotte Empey - Editor–in-Chief, Metro English Canada
· Joshua Errett - Online Editor, NOW Magazine
· Chris Bilton - Associate Editor, The Grid
· Saul Colt - award-winning Word of Mouth Editor, Head of Magic at FreshBooks
“We were blown away by the number of entries we received and the quality of the clips from real people filming on webcams and iPhones. So it was very difficult to pick the finalists,” said Wahn Yoon, President of Wunderkind . “Every one of us has bonded at some point with a character, a famous line or an iconic moment from a movie. Those moments touch us profoundly and make a lasting impression… Hollywood Suite is made for the true movie lover and there is a true movie lover in all of us. That’s exactly what this contest is about.”
“Hollywood Suite was thrilled to bring together a talented and diverse judging panel, along with great sponsors and partners for this contest,” said Kerry Connelly, Director of Marketing, Hollywood Suite. “Through this video contest we see our shared passion for movies and how our favourite movie moments take on a life of their own. We have been totally entertained and delighted by the creativity of all of...