Celluon Introduces Radically New Pico Projection Products at CES 2015
PicoPro and ProAir, the world’s only HD, focus-free, smartphone-sized laser pico projectors offer an immersive viewing experience any time, any place
INTERNATIONAL CONSUMER ELECTRONICS SHOW, Las Vegas, January 5, 2015 — Celluon, a global leader in mobile projection technologies, is pleased to announce the launch of two new revolutionary products—the PicoPro and PicoAir pico projectors. The only HD, smartphone-sized laser pico projectors in the world, the PicoPro and PicoAir, offer superior image quality and screen size while always remaining in focus. The PicoPro and PicoAir will make their debut at Pepcom’s Digital Experience! on January 5 and be showcased at CES 2015 from January 6-9, 2015 in Las Vegas (Sands - 74843).
With a pocketable size, comparable to the size and weight of a smartphone, the PicoPro and PicoAir pico projectors enable users to create big screen experiences any time, any place. No need to stop for a recharge—the PicoPro and PicoAir offer an extended battery life of 2.5-3.5 hours.
Incorporating MicroVision’s patented PicoP®display technology, which utilizes red, blue, and green laser light sources, Celluon’s PicoPro and PicoAir produce a perpetually clear, focused HD image with a broad color gamut unmatched by any other pico projection technology.
For the Android user on-the-go, the PicoAir offers a light and completely wireless pico projector. Designed for the Apple enthusiast and multi-device user, the PicoPro offers the added option of HDMI compatibility.
PicoPro and PicoAir Best in Class Display Engine/Technology Features Include:
- Only HD Resolution Laser Pico Projectors Available in Market : 1920 X 720p HD picture with a 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Always-in-Focus: No need for focus wheel; remains focused even while mobile.
- Thin, Light, & Truly Portable Design: At 6 x 3 x 0.5 inches, the PicoPro and PicoAir fit in your pocket, providing HD resolution in a size that’s no bigger than a smartphone.
- Built-in Battery: Minimum 2.5 hour battery life for wireless connection and 3.5 hour battery life for HDMI connection.
- Built-in Audio: The PicoPro and PicoAir offer a 1W speaker and 3.5mm audio jack for superior usability.
- Large Screen Size from a Short Distance: Up to 250”screen size enables immersive viewing.
- Vivid Colors: 80,000:1 contrast ratio and 1.67M colors—200% of NTSC Standard.
- Superior Brightness & Image Quality: 30 ANSI lumens with a perceived brightness that is notably brighter than that of LED based projectors of similar lumens.
- Wi-Fi: Easy wireless connection for mobile devices via Miracast or DLNA.
- Wired Connectivity: An added benefit of the PicoPro is the ability to connect to any HDMI-compatible digital device.
- C olor Options : Available in Black, White, Gold, and Gray.
The PicoPro and PicoAir will be available for purchase at Celluon.com and several major North American retailers in late January with a MSRP of $299-$450, dependent on bundling options.
The PicoPro and PicoAir will make their debut at Pepcom’s Digital Experience! on January 5 and be showcased at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Jan. 6-9, 2015, in Las Vegas, Nevada (Sands - 74843). For media appointments at CES, please contact Heather Hewit at email@example.com .
For additional information, please visit http://celluon.com
Founded in 2004, Celluon is a global pioneer in developing products with laser-based technologies that enable enhanced mobile user experiences. With a strong foundation in research and development and a pursuit of continuous innovation, Celluon offers products that answer unmet consumer needs in the rapidly evolving mobile market. With the rising expectation for information and entertainment at your fingertips any time, anywhere, Celluon offers devices that seamlessly integrate with smartphones to expand their usability beyond the confines of the built-in touchscreen.
Whether it’s big screen images projected by the world’s first laser-based, always-in-focus, HD pico projectors, or a range of keyboard products using its patented 3D Electronic Perception Technology, Celluon excels at incorporating ground-breaking technology in its products to offer consumers new and exciting user experiences. With its focus on mobility, Celluon surpasses the competition with small, portable, products that can go anywhere without sacrificing quality.
To learn more, visit http://celluon.com .
PicoP is a registered trademark of MicroVision, Inc.