Daytona International Speedway Announces Six New Partners to lead Technology Transformation for the DAYTONA Rising Project
Presenting Partner CDW along with Belden, CommScope, The Integration Factory, Peerless-AV, and Schneider Electric will join the new Daytona Technology Platform
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – March 4, 2015 –Daytona International Speedway (DIS) has announced the launch of the new Daytona Technology Platform Powered by CDW as part of the expanding network of companies that are supporting the unprecedented $400 million DAYTONA Rising redevelopment project. Six companies comprise the inaugural group of technology partners including CDW, which has been named the Presenting Partner of the platform.
The Daytona Technology Platform Powered by CDW is designed specifically for partners involved in the construction of the DAYTONA Rising project and puts them at the forefront of the technological advances taking place to transform DIS into the world’s first motorsports stadium. Participation in the Platform also enables them to showcase their involvement through an onsite marketing presence (once their role in the project begins).
“Fans don’t just go to sporting events anymore. They go to social events that involve sports, and technology plays a major role in enabling that ideal fan experience,” said Daytona International Speedway President Joie Chitwood III. “We’re pleased to announce the new Daytona Technology Platform Powered by CDW and we’re confident that working with this combination of industry-leading companies will allow us to deliver the technology services and amenities that the racing fans of today and tomorrow can expect.”
CDW, a leading multi-brand technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare customers for more than 30 years, will serve as the Presenting Partner of the Technology Platform. The company will offer technology solutions supporting core business operations and the fan experience, including upgraded wireless capabilities, enhanced IT security, and improved in-stadium video.
“CDW has demonstrated success designing and deploying major stadium technology solutions across the country. We are excited to continue that success here, at the Daytona International Speedway, and help bring leading-edge technology to race day,” said Mike Rapplean, vice president, south region, CDW.
Daytona International Speedway is also proud to announce the addition of the following companies to the Daytona Technology Platform Powered by CDW.
- Belden: Belden, a global manufacturer of signal transmission solutions, will deliver industry leading technologies for the installation of sound and video applications. For the DAYTONA Rising project, Belden products will help broadcast the racing experience in stunning HD clarity all the way from the track to the living room.
- CommScope, Inc.: CommScope, a global leader in infrastructure solutions for communications networks, will deploy a new communications infrastructure at DIS providing the facility with the bandwidth and flexibility to offer services that will enhance a fan’s experience, as well as improve stadium operations.
- The Integration Factory: The Integration Factory, a women-owned premier systems integration firm for low-voltage systems design and installation, will provide a multi-faceted A/V system that will enhance communications throughout the property. Using a combination of stand-alone subsystems and integrated solutions, The Integration Factory’s system will include an upgraded loudspeaker system for the guests in the grandstands and the five new injectors; provide audio and video to key areas of the infield, the suites and chalets; provide an Ultra High Definition 4K video system backbone; and more.
- Peerless-AV: Peerless-AV, a Peerless Industries, Inc. company, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of audiovisual solutions. From its award-winning mounts and wireless audio systems to indoor/outdoor kiosks and the industry’s first fully sealed outdoor displays, Peerless-AV aims to Get it Right by fulfilling both integrators’ needs for ease of installation and service, and end-users’ dreams in residential and commercial applications. For the DAYTONA Rising project, Peerless-AV will supply its Xtreme™ Outdoor Displays, UV2™ Outdoor Displays, and mounts throughout the speedway in the Grandstands and Garage/Pit Areas.
- Schneider Electric: Schneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management, will provide a single view into all critical infrastructure systems through its EcoStruxure solution, allowing for a reliable and energy efficient fan experience. Additionally, Schneider Electric will coordinate with its other partners to provide an integrated solution including power distribution, electrical metering, building management controls and further integration of elevators, escalators, lighting, fire systems and generators.
All companies will receive special recognition as Daytona Technology Platform Powered by CDW partners within the facility, along with corporate hospitality opportunities for entertaining guests during major events.
About DAYTONA Rising
DAYTONA Rising is a $400 million reimagining of an American icon – Daytona International Speedway. Five expanded and redesigned entrances, or “injectors,” will lead fans to a series of escalators and elevators, transporting them to three different concourse levels. Each level features spacious social areas, or “neighborhoods,” along the nearly mile-long frontstretch. At the conclusion of the redevelopment, Daytona International Speedway will have approximately 101,000 permanent, wider and more comfortable seats, twice as many restrooms and three times as many concession stands. In addition, the Speedway will feature over 60 luxury suites with track side views and a completely revamped hospitality experience for corporate guests. DAYTONA Rising: Reimagining an American Icon, expected to create 6,300 jobs, $300 million in labor income and over $80 million in tax revenue, will be completed in time for the 2016 Rolex 24 At Daytona and DAYTONA 500. Construction of DAYTONA Rising was recently cited as a primary source of expected growth in the Deltona, Fla., MSA as part of ManpowerGroup’s Employment Outlook Survey.
Toyota and Florida Hospital are Founding Partners of DAYTONA Rising, joining the Speedway to help provide the very best experience for fans through more than 40,000 total square feet of engagement areas, branding rights for two of the injectors/entrances and two of the new neighborhoods.
Barton Malow is serving as the design-builder for the project. In addition to DAYTONA Rising, Barton Malow has renovated the University of Michigan “Big House” and the Rose Bowl.
ROSSETTI, an award-winning architectural design and planning firm for the past 40 years, which headed the design for Ford Field NFL Stadium, University of Notre Dame Compton Family Ice Arena and five Major League Soccer Stadiums, is leading the master planning of the DAYTONA Rising site.
Race fans can follow the progress of the DAYTONA Rising project by visiting www.DAYTONARising.com and connecting with Daytona International Speedway on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. Also, fans can see the construction project up close by taking one of the daily tours available at the Speedway on non-event days throughout the year. Visit www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/tours or the Speedway Ticket and Tours Building for more information. For tickets and more information on Daytona International Speedway events, visit www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com or call 1-800-PITSHOP.
About Daytona International Speedway
Daytona International Speedway is the home of "The Great American Race" - the DAYTONA 500. Though the season-opening NASCAR Sprint Cup event garners most of the attention - as well as the largest audience in motorsports - the approximately 500-acre motorsports complex boasts the most diverse schedule of racing on the globe, thus earning it the title of "World Center of Racing." In addition to eight major weekends of racing activity, rarely a week goes by that the Speedway grounds are not used for events that include civic and social gatherings, car shows, photo shoots, production vehicle testing and police motorcycle training.
Daytona International Speedway
Peerless-AV, a Peerless Industries, Inc. company, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of audiovisual solutions. From its award-winning mounts and wireless audio systems to indoor/outdoor kiosks and the industry’s first fully sealed outdoor displays, Peerless-AV aims to Get it Right by fulfilling both integrators’ needs for ease of installation and service, and end-users’ dreams in residential and commercial applications.
Based in Aurora, IL, Peerless-AV manufactures over 3,600 products that serve original equipment manufacturers, commercial integrators and consumer retailers in 22 vertical markets through direct sales representatives and authorized distribution. For more information, visit www.peerless-av.com.