LARGEST CONSUMER BABY SHOW FOR NEW AND EXPECTANT PARENTS COMING TO NEW YORK CITY THIS MAY
New York Family Magazine Presents the New York Baby Show May 19 & 20, 2012 at Pier 92
Featuring more than 100 Exciting Experiences for Families
Featuring keynote speaker Dr. Harvey Karp and celebrity Mom Ali Landry to Speak on Behalf of her Company Spokesmoms.com
NEW YORK, NY- (April 17, 2012)— New York Family announces the second annual New York Baby Show on the weekend of May 19th and 20th at Pier 92 in New York City. A grand family-friendly mega-show for new parents and parents-to-be from the New York Metropolitan area and beyond, the New York Baby Show will help parents discover many of the best products for maternity, baby and toddler from national and local companies, along with offering an inspiring menu of lectures, seminars and demonstrations from renowned experts in the world of family and parenting. The New York Baby Show is expected to be the single biggest consumer event for families in the nation this year.
Honoring the spirit of a show that’s all about family, the New York Baby Show will be helpful and informational, as well as fun, accessible and welcoming to children. Taking advantage of Pier 92’s expansive, but comfortable 40,000sq feet of space, the New York Baby Show will offer the kind of cheery and relaxed vibe that new and expectant parents will appreciate, while having the flexibility to give large and small exhibitors alike the space they need to add to the magic of the event.
Parents and parents-to-be will be educated on strollers, car seats, nursery furnishings, safety products, early enrichment programs, infant and toddler toys, high chairs, baby bottles, lactation aides, child CPR, family friendly websites, smart phones, family apps and countless other new parent essentials.
Complementing the exhibitor’s space, the New York Baby Show will feature several hands-on, interactive experiences including:
- The Speaker Series where expert speakers of the baby world including doctors, sleep consults, lactation experts,nutritionists, home designers and registry consultants will be on-hand offering informational seminars and hosting question and answer sessions.
- This years’ keynote speaker features America’s #1 pediatrician Dr. Harvey Karp, creator of the best-selling DVDs/books, The Happiest Baby on the Block and The Happiest Toddler on the Block, where he shows parents how to quickly calm crying in seconds and tame tantrums in minutes using his innovative techniques. This June, Dr. Karp will be launching his new book, The Happiest Baby Guide to Great Sleep, offering groundbreaking new sleep strategies. Dr. Karp will be speaking at 11am and 2pm on Saturday, May 19th on his Happiest Baby on the Block techniques followed by his Happiest Toddler on the Block techniques.
- Celebrity Mom and Founder of Spokesmoms.com, Ali Landry, will give moms the real scoop on kids’ products and exciting mommy experiences on Saturday, May 19th at 10:30am and 1:30pm.
- Since the stroller is one of the most important purchases that every parent must make, the New York Baby Show is going to make the decision a little easier at the Original Stroller Test Drive Track. Built by a Broadway set designer, parents will have the opportunity to see, feel and most importantly test numerous stroller brands on the 200 ft track with real world conditions.
- Speaking of strollers, every parent will want to check out the Stroller Pit Stop, sponsored by Stroller Spa. Guests will have the chance to have their own stroller vacuumed, steam cleaned, oiled and more. Every stroller will leave the spa looking like new.
- For those searching for a bit of privacy and relaxation, the New York Baby Show welcomes expectant and new mothers into the Mother’s Lounge, a relaxing oasis filled with comfy chairs, fully-stocked changing tables, breast feeding pillows, bottle warmers and refreshments.
- Dads will certainly not be forgotten. The Dad’s Lounge, sponsored by the NYC Dad’s Group, will be hosting a “Dad Boot Camp” offering new and expecting dads an opportunity to connect with veteran dads for a frank discussion on the experience of becoming a father. Workshop topics include the rewards of personally caring for children as dads demonstrate holding, burping, changing, swaddling and comforting crying babies. There will also be discussions on new parent-related issues including developing a bond with your baby, being supportive of your baby’s mom, navigating work as a new parent and developing a parenting partnership.
- The New York Baby Show is excited to announce the “Ultimate Nursery” giveaway. One lucky winner will take home the most amazing nursery complete with furniture, bedding, toys, clothing, bottles, a stroller, a car seat and more.
Tickets are $20 for a family ticket and $10 for a single ticket. To learn more about the New York Baby Show and to purchase tickets, visit: http://newyorkbabyshow.com/.
About the New York Baby Show- The largest and most family-friendly consumer event in the United States this year is expected to attract thousands of new and expectant parents from the New York Metropolitan Area—the nation’s most affluent and densely-populated parent market. Joining them will be hundreds of top brands and services for new parents and a bevy of leading parenting experts—not to mention the editors, reporters, well known parent bloggers, celebrity parents and other tastemakers based in the New York area.
About New York Family – New York Family is a glossy monthly magazine offering city parents a smart, timely and reliable source of information and inspiration for raising children and enjoying the city as a family. We are also a vibrant, supportive community of parents sharing the big journey together on our website and at our live events.
About Manhattan Media - Manhattan Media is dedicated to New York’s neighborhoods. Our focused publications provide information about those matters that are of immediate concern and interest to people who live blocks, not worlds, apart. We provide businesses and institutions direct access to the individuals whom they serve, real customers and clients within arm's reach, in the neighborhood. Manhattan Media provides a link, the connection that facilitates interchange. Our community newspapers include: New York Press, Our Town, The West Side Spirit, Chelsea Clinton News and The Westsider. City Hall and The Capitol are published twice monthly, and target the politicians, lobbyists, unions, staffers and issues that shape New York City and State. AVENUE magazine covers Manhattan's affluent society while New York Family reaches parents throughout the city with the latest in parenting trends. The legendary Hamptons publication Dan’s Papers is the go-to for what’s what and who’s who on the East End. For more information visit: www.manhattanmedia.com
Pam Schlichter/Tanya Elm
ALISON BROD PUBLIC RELATIONS
If you’re interested in being part of the show as an exhibitor or sponsor contact:
New York Baby Show
212-284-9732 or firstname.lastname@example.org