Interim Report January– September 2017
Highlights from the third quarter
- Sales increased by 1 percent in local currencies. Reported sales declined by 1 percent to 4,069 MSEK (4,118) for the third quarter.
- Operating profit from product areas in local currencies increased by 2 percent. Reported operating profit from product areas1) amounted to 1,089 MSEK (1,089) for the third quarter.
- Operating profit amounted to 1,089 MSEK (2,694) for the third quarter. The previous year’s third quarter included larger one-time items of 1,550 MSEK relating to a capital gain from the partial divestment of STG and an unrealized gain from revaluing Swedish Match’s remaining shareholding in STG to market value.
- Profit after tax amounted to 753 MSEK (2,306 - positively affected by the larger one-time items mentioned above).
- Earnings per share excluding both larger one-time items and share of net profit in STG amounted to 4.22 SEK (3.76). Reported earnings per share amounted to 4.22 SEK (12.32) for the third quarter.
1) Operating profit for Swedish Match product areas, which excludes larger one-time items and share of net profit in STG.
For the full report: www.swedishmatch.com/Investors/Financial-reports/Interim-reports/
Swedish Match telephone conference
A telephone conference will be held today, Friday, October 27 at 2:00 p.m. (CET), (1:00 p.m. UK time). At this time we will review and comment on the results. Participants will include Lars Dahlgren, Marlene Forsell, and Emmett Harrison.
Listen to the telephone conference: www.swedishmatch.com/Investors/Presentations/Webcasts-and-audiocasts/
Telephone conference presentation: www.swedishmatch.com/Investors/Presentations/
Lars Dahlgren, President and Chief Executive Officer
Office +46 8 658 0441
Marlene Forsell, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Office +46 8 658 0489
Emmett Harrison, Senior Vice President Investor Relations and Corporate Sustainability
Office +46 8 658 0173
Richard Flaherty, President US Division, US Investor Relations contact
Office +1 804 787 5130
This information is information that Swedish Match AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 08.15 a.m. CET on October 27, 2017.
Swedish Match develops, manufactures, and sells quality products with market-leading brands. Swedish Match’s product areas are Snus and moist snuff, Other tobacco products (cigars and chewing tobacco), Lights (matches, lighters, and complementary products), and Other operations. Production is located in six countries, with sales concentrated in Scandinavia and the US. The Swedish Match share is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (SWMA).
Swedish Match’s vision is a world without cigarettes. Some of its well-known brands include: General, Longhorn, White Owl, Red Man, Fiat Lux, and Cricket.
Swedish Match AB (publ), SE-118 85 Stockholm, Sweden
Visiting address: Sveavägen 44, 8th Floor. Telephone: +46 8 658 0200
Corporate Identity Number: 556015-0756