Interim report January-March 2013
Strong sales growth and positive cash flow from operating activities
• Sales increased by 23 percent in local currency. Sales were the highest ever for an individual quarter and amounted to SEK 16.3 (13.8*) million, corresponding to an increase of 18 percent in SEK.
• Operating income before depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 3.8 (5.0*) million, corresponding to an EBITDA margin of 23 percent.
• Net income amounted to SEK 2.4 million, resulting in earnings per share of SEK 0.12.
• Cash flow from operating activities was SEK 4.0 million.
• In late March, the FDA responded with further supplementary questions regarding the application for marketing approval of STEEN Solution™ on the American market. Xvivo plans to have its formal response to these questions submitted by the end of April/beginning of May.
• The clinical study in the USA is proceeding according to plan with good clinical results. 36 of a planned 42 patients had received transplants by the end of the period. The company expects the study to be completed during the second quarter 2013.
• There continues to be a great deal of interest from clinics in the USA.
• Storage and distribution of products for Europe/Asia has now been taken over by the company’s own organization.
• The sales and marketing organization has been enhanced with the appointment of a global sales and marketing director and a regional manager for Europe.
April 19, 2013
XVIVO Perfusion AB (publ)
Magnus Nilsson, CEO
* Comparative figures for 2012 are Vitrolife’s Transplantation segment such as it was reported in Vitrolife’s reporting
For further information please contact:
Magnus Nilsson, CEO, tel: +46 31 788 21 50, e-mail: email@example.com
Christoffer Rosenblad, CFO, tel: +46 31 788 21 59, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on XVIVO Perfusion’s business, please refer to the company’s website, www.xvivoperfusion.com
Xvivo Perfusion is required to publish the information in this press release in accordance with the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication on April 19, 2013 at 1:00 p.m.
This is a translation of the Swedish version of the press release. When in doubt, the Swedish wording prevails.
XVIVO Perfusion AB is a medical technology company which develops solutions and systems for assessing and preserving organs outside the body and for selecting usable organs and maintaining them in optimal condition pending transplantation.
The company is headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, and has one office in the USA. The Xvivo share is listed on NASDAQ OMX First North and has the ticker symbol XVIVO. More information can be found on the website www.xvivoperfusion.com. The Certified Adviser is Redeye, www.redeye.se.
XVIVO Perfusion AB (publ), Box 53015, SE-400 14 Göteborg. Corporate identity number 556561-0424.
Tel: 46 31 788 21 50. Fax: 46 31 788 21 69.
E-mail: email@example.com. Website: www.xvivoperfusion.com