Access Technology Group makes 5th reseller acquisition
Move in-line with Access’ direct sales strategy
Strengthens Dimensions customer base by 170
Colchester, UK – 3 March 2014 – Access Technology Group (Access) is continuing its strategy of selling direct to customers, with the acquisition of the applications division of Atlas Business Systems, one of Access’ largest remaining resellers. Atlas is the 5th reseller acquisition for Access, a leading provider of business software, since its Lyceum Capital backed MBO in March 2011.
Chris Bayne, CEO for Access, said, “Our strategy is to sell direct to our customers. By acquiring Atlas’ applications division we will now support, service and supply another 170 Access Dimensions customers. This will also bring more opportunity into the business in terms of the expertise of the staff who join us, and the opportunity for our new customers to benefit from our portfolio of integrated business solutions, including finance, HR, business intelligence, CRM, warehousing and supply chain, alongside our cloud platform, Access aCloud.”
As part of the deal, 12 Atlas staff will join Access. “With our focus on having a direct relationship with our customers it is the perfect time to buy one of the largest remaining Access resellers. We’re bringing a team of people into our business who have a great deal of experience of our products, so we know the business and its customers will benefit from the acquisition,” continued Chris.
Access has been acquiring its reseller base consistently over the past few years, including:
- Accounting Technology Ltd
- Elite Business Systems Ltd
- the Access customer base of Hoge 100
- DHC Ltd
John Butler, managing director of Atlas, said, “We’ve been working with Access for 20 years, and I think it’s a brilliant company with brilliant products. Access is now broader as a business than when we started as one of its resellers, and is perfectly placed to continue the service and support for Atlas’s customers. It was the right time for Atlas and Access.”
The direct to market model has been a success for Access. Chris concluded, “Customers like to know that they are dealing direct with the author of the product, they can question us, visit our development centres and get involved in the product roadmap.”
For more information on Access Group and its software visit: http://www.theaccessgroup.com.
Alternatively, keep up-to-date by following Access on:
- Ends -
About Access Group:
Access is a leading author of fully integrated business management software. The portfolio spans solutions for ERP, finance, HR, Payroll, warehousing, business intelligence, professional service automation and manufacturing. More than 5,000 UK businesses and not-for-profit organisations use Access solutions to improve their performance, profitability and drive growth, unlocking their business potential through improved business insight.
Vertical focus and industry-specific solutions differentiate Access in the market and templated solutions make for rapid and easy deployments. Using Access software to automate operations, streamline processes and share real-time business information anytime, anywhere, businesses can benefit from significant performance improvements.
Access is one of the top five fastest growing UK software developers in The Sunday Times Buyout Track 100 2012 and featured in the 2011 Profit Track 100. On-going commitment to excellence, customers and employees has also placed the company among the UK’s top employers in The Sunday Times’ 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’.
Accreditations and memberships:
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Business Application Software Developers Association (BASDA)
- Access’ software is recognised by HM Revenue & Customs
- Inclusion in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list for mid-market companies 2014
- Listed in the 1000 companies to inspire Britain (London Stock Exchange Group) 2013
- The Innovation Award finalist at the National Business Awards 2013
- Enabler of the Year finalist at the National Business Awards 2012
- Software Product of the Year finalist at the British Accountancy Awards 2013 & 2012
- ICT in Manufacturing finalist at the Manufacturer of the Year Awards 2013 & 2012
- Inclusion in The Sunday Times Buyout Track 100 list 2012 (47th)
- Inclusion in The Sunday Times Profit Track 100 list 2011 (63rd)