Aesculap Academy Offers Course for Neuro and Orthopedic Spine Surgeons on Pathologies and Surgical Techniques of the Cervical Spine
Aesculap Implant Systems, LLC will present innovative approaches for posterior and anterior cervical fixation and advanced techniques in occipitocervical fixation during the June 7th Pathologies and Surgical Techniques of the Cervical Spine Course.
Aesculap Academy is pleased to offer a surgical skills course, Pathologies and Surgical Techniques of the Cervical Spine, for Neuro and Orthopedic surgeons in the United States and Canada that specialize in spine surgery. The course presents innovative approaches for posterior and anterior cervical fixation as well as advanced techniques in occipitocervical fixation through didactic sessions and a cadaveric workshop. The Pathologies and Surgical Techniques of the Cervical Spine course will take place on June 7, 2014 in Henderson, Nevada.
With the launch of the Caspar Cervical Plating System in 1982, Aesculap set a milestone in the treatment of diseases of the cervical spine. That tradition of innovation continues today and during this course the latest technologies in cervical plating and fusion will be presented:
- Quintex® Anterior Cervical Plating System, a versatile plating system for ACDF procedures that allows surgeons to customize the biomechanical construct performance at each level based on individual patient needs.
- PL-AGE®* Anterior Cervical Fusion System, is a one-piece titanium implant that offers a translational design and textured surface for surgical flexibility and efficiency as well as an environment that promotes fusion.
- CeSpace™XP Cervical Interbody System, is an optimum fusion of the osteoconductive Plasmapore®XP coating and PEEK-Optima®** core for enhanced implant stability, artifact-free imaging, and an ideal scaffold for ACDF procedures.
- SecureSpan™ Laminoplasty Fixation System, is an easy-to-use, stable system for precise fixation when treating diseases of the spine such as cervical stenosis and myelopathy.
- S4®C is a system for posterior column fixation, possessing small implant volume, overall biomechanical strength and easy access instruments to help achieve a fast and efficient surgical procedure with optimal patient outcome.
Backed by a panel of leading spine surgeons, the course enables participants to analyze and treat complex cervical pathologies and apply these new technologies through a combination of didactic classroom lectures featuring applicable case studies as well as a cadaveric lab for hands-on exposure to implants and instrumentation.
The Pathologies and Surgical Techniques of the Cervical Spine course will be held on June 7, 2014 in Henderson, NV. For more information on attending the course visit http://www.aesculapimplantsystems.com/spineacademy or call 1-800-258-1946 x5223.
*PL-AGE is a registered trademark of Rhausler, Inc.
**PEEK-Optima is registered trademark of Invibio Biomaterial Solutions.
About Aesculap Implant Systems, LLC
Aesculap Implant Systems, LLC, a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap Implant Systems develops advanced spine and orthopaedic implant technologies to treat complex disorders of the spine, hip and knee. Aesculap Implant Systems strives to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients’ lives. For more information, call 800-234-9179 or visit aesculapimplantsystems.com.
About Aesculap Academy
The Aesculap Academy enjoys a worldwide reputation as a leading forum for basic and advanced training in the field of medicine. Since 1995, it has offered accredited and non-accredited medical education. The programs that Aesculap Academy stages, provides knowledge to medical practitioners, hospital personnel and hospital management personnel to master the future. Reaching across borders, cultures and languages, the Aesculap Academy has helped medical professionals in more than 40 countries achieve their goals of continuous professional growth. In 2011, more than 75,000 people attended Aesculap Academy events. For more information about Aesculap Academy courses visit www.aesculap-academy.com or call 1-800-258-1946 x 5223.