Arjo interim report January-March 2019
“We are again delivering a solid quarter with continued growth, good order intake and a strong profit development. It is especially gratifying to see our development in North America, where the US has grown organically by 4.2% and Canada with about 15% during the quarter,” says Joacim Lindoff, CEO and President. “We have a significant order stock for delivery during the year, ensuring that we are entering the second quarter with a strong base.”
January-March 2019 in brief
- Net sales increased by 9.3% to SEK 2,123 M (1,943). Net sales grew organically by 2.0%.
- EBITDA increased by 66% to SEK 413 M (249), including the effect of IFRS 16. Excluding IFRS 16, EBITDA was SEK 328 M, an increase of 32%.
- Profit after financial items increased to SEK 133 M (67).
- Earnings per share increased to SEK 0.37 (0.18).
- Cash flow from operations amounted to SEK 180 M (268), including the effect of IFRS 16. Excluding the effect of IFRS 16, cash flow was SEK 104 M.
- Cash conversion was 43.6% (107.6), including the effect of IFRS 16. Excluding IFRS 16 effect, the cash conversion was 31.6%.
- The divestment of Acare, the low-spec medical beds business, was completed on February 28, which means that the sale of Acare products are included in the accounts for January and February.
Fund managers, analysts and the media are invited to a teleconference on May 7 at 08.00 CET. Please see details below to join the conference:
Sweden: +46 (0)8 5065 3942
UK: +44 (0)330 336 9411
USA: +1 323-794-2039
A presentation will be held during the telephone conference. To access the presentation, please use this link: https://slideassist.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1242715
Alternatively, use the following link to download the presentation: https://www.arjo.com/int/about-us/investors/reports--presentations/2019/
A recording of the teleconference will be available for 90 days via the following link: https://slideassist.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1242715
For more information, please contact:
Executive Vice President, Marketing Communications & Public Relations
Tel: +46 (0)10 335 4810
Investor Relations & Corporate Communications
Tel: +46 (0)10 335 4867
This information is information that Arjo AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 07:30 CET on May 7, 2019.
At Arjo, we are committed to improving the everyday lives of people affected by reduced mobility and age-related health challenges. With products and solutions that ensure ergonomic patient handling, personal hygiene, disinfection, diagnostics, and the effective prevention of pressure ulcers and venous thromboembolism, we help professionals across care environments to continually raise the standard of safe and dignified care. Arjo has approximately 6,000 employees worldwide and customers in over 100 countries. In 2018, Arjo sales amounted to approximately SEK 8.2 billion. Arjo is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm and its head office is located in Malmö, Sweden. Everything we do, we do with people in mind. www.arjo.com